An idea for an upkeep system

Hmmm, seems ok-ish I guess. Especially if it’s not visible flags but just like maybe a stone or a structure piece you can designate as such. I can definitely tell you’re a programmer from this though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I still like the current system better myself - but the main problem I see with this upkeep system is Funcom. This idea doesn’t seem to fit any of their Conan Exiles design concepts to date. So, getting them sold on it would likely need a huge percentage of users asking for it specifically.

Personally I’m still partial to the idea of leaving it as it is and just incorporating the demolitions into the gameplay instead of it appearing to be from some employee - even though it still would be. With links to the official reasons and rules. Most of that is already in place. Like Server Messages for the clan-wide communication from the gods who have vowed to destroy your property and a link therein to the rules page. A slightly modified purge event triggerable by the examining Admin, which isn’t defensible and destroys all the relevant property after a set count-down timer :timer_clock:. Could be a anything from 15min after the next login of any clan member (assuming none are on-line when the trigger was pulled), to 24hrs regardless.

To my mind that fits with the current (apparent) design concept and would /likely/ be implementable fairly easily - guessing without looking at their code (which isn’t likely to happen :smiley: ). Likely, the biggest task needed to implement this demolition modification would be the pearl program that would allow the admin to check the boxes next the rule or rules being infracted in order to generate the situationally dynamic HTML. Of course with more comprehensible sentences defining said rules - etc.

1 Like