Animal Pens showing 0 Durability

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

While placing a new Armored Animal Pen today, I noticed that after I set it down, its durability was showing as 0/100,000. I decided to grab a hammer and some repair materials, and while the hammer shows the symbol indicating it needs repair, all 3 materials show that it doesn’t need anything to be repaired, and hammering away at it with supplies on my character has no effect — it remains at 0 HP.

Out of curiosity, I decided to inspect some other animal pens I own that have been in-place for months and they show 0hp just like the brand new one.

Since I know it’s possible for friendly archer thralls to damage placeables owned by the same clan (i.e. torches, maprooms, etc), it makes me rather apprehensive about placing archers on the roof to defend it, since I don’t know if a stray arrow would destroy it or not.

Here’s a short video demonstrating what I’m seeing:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place a new Armored Animal Pen
  2. Inspect it with a hammer and note it shows 0 / 100,000 hp
  3. Get supplies and attempt to repair it
  4. Observe that no amount of hammering helps, no supplies are consumed, and its current hp don’t increase

Hi, just going to place this thread here, tho my post is regards to foundations.

Edit: typo in link.

Not sure if that is related to this one.

This is probably the placeable UI bug. It’s actual durability is likely higher. Often a restart of a server fixes it. Another trick is to hit the pen with a weapon, and you’ll see it show it’s proper value.

1 Like

Hey @Larathiel

As @Multigun points out, this is most likely a known visual issue that shows stability as 0, but the real value is not. Most of the times, a server restart or a way to refresh that information fixes it (for instance, hitting it). Our team will look into it.
Thanks for your feedback.

2 Likes

This indeed looks like the case, all the ones belonging to myself and others show normal today. Was still a good scare though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.