Any plans for any new defensive assets for the game?

Any chances of getting some move defenses for bases in this game (playable on consoles and Officials) both for pve (purges and more) or pvp. Longer lasting traps or new types? Anti-siege devices or constructs , bonus if it helps defense against offlining as I believe in game mechancs would be better than server settings imo.

2 Likes

Not sure if it is a pathing issue or they realize that it would not be enough defense in any event.

The boiling oil would need to splash a great deal to make it work having a thrall animated to pour it and this again if the thrall was not killed before they could do their job.

1 Like

Add a new stance for thralls on defense of boiling cauldrons? So if an enemy thrall enters the area where a boiling cauldron would work, this defense thrall if close enough would go to that pot and activate it?

I say that the oil should just prevent bombs from placing in front of where they are located and create an overheat on enemies that constantly damages them. The only way in would be 1 space splash damage, arrows or avatars. This would make the defense very doable against the over-the-top jars.

3 Likes

I would love to be able to spread oil in places around the base parameter to fire to damage or ignite upon need as I do my explosives lately, though they don’t last long enough and must be replaced to ensure they are placed and ready for attack as they decay quickly.

Imagine a coating for walls that make them fire resistant and steel plates that resist or blunt an explosives’ force mountable to the walls .

Hmmmm that would go well with my mason table idea. Building pieces can be altered…more HP…% reduction in certain type of damage…and (because its me), coloration changes (IE camouflage).

2 Likes

Yes, please! Defenses are terrible especially against offline raiding.

1 Like

Wouldn’t work, the siege cauldrons are practically useless because they only damage climbers and don’t do any AoE damage underneath them (last I checked).

Just widen the area of effect then

1 Like

Hmm. Crenelations usually didn’t use hot oil, but boiling water, hot sand or even sometimes rocks. Oil was usually expensive.

So what the pots need is actually an ammo dump where you can put in varying and improved ammo types. Rocks or water would probably be cheapest. (Might be useful for dowsing bombs?) Rocks hit hard, but have a very small 90’ AOE at the base.

Greek fire is obviously a must, doing scads of fire to people, but might actually do minor damage to your walls.

1 Like

Would like to have varied ammo for the pots.

2 Likes

At this point thralls are virtually worthless for defense and bombs are too powerful. Combine that with the fact that large bases are no longer allowed means that offline raiders have too many advantages (and no, I’m not going to watch my base EVERY night during raid time). Yes, we need better defensive assets.

I’m ok with banning giant raid proof bases but then we need to adjust the attackers for balance. Maybe get rid of bombs and replace with just the use of trebs and potentially add items like battering rams (that actually existed in ancient warfare – not freaking bombs!). Now that I think about it, ancient history shows that there were a number of different siege engines — get rid of the bombs and add those…

2 Likes

I think issue is how long should it take single layer by bombs and siege weapons

Minutes an hour a day.

Wall
Door
Foundation

This must be answered

2 Likes

Bombs existed just not everywhere at the same time. They were dangerous and some thought them to be black magic. They also exploded in your face as often as not for a long time , which is why they were either small and thrown or shot away from you (fireworks). They were not an exact science and again not trusted.

Game wise there needs to be a way to blunt their power. The suggestion has been made for armored plates or some other surface protection to resist explosions and fire.

Battering rams are far more likely used in the time of Conan as they are safer for the attacker and more knowedge for them existed to the more comman man. They were not considered black sorcery either so they were more trusted. The time to build or roll one up to your base would/could be a balancing factor. Other siege machines would be great additions to this game!

2 Likes

Would love to see more defensive weapons. Oil needs to have a bigger area of effect. Mines are a good idea, they just don’t work very well, perhaps they could be looked at? Timing first and foremost, no point them blowing up after someone’s run past 'em all.

Would love to see a mounted crossbow or defensive trebs that are perhaps smaller and mounted to walls or ceilings in some way.

1 Like

Agreed, defenses have lagged far, far behind attack. Time, Power, Opportunity.

Well said. If FC has a clear idea in their head about the answer to this, they could remove the ability to layer, adjust weapons, and PVP would be balanced. I suspect (hope!) that’s what they’re doing banning stackers and big bases. Hopefully this is stage one: get rid of as many huge layered bases as they can, make it impossible to do in future, and then everyone will know how hard a base is to raid and what sort of game they’re playing straight up.

1 Like

I would like to see the addition of ballistas. They would be useful against large creatures attacking a base and used on an npc or player it would be a guaranteed kill on hit.
Leghold traps also need to actually disable movement of a creature (permanently if it’s small enough) or players and npc for a certain amount of time, simulating them actually freeing their caught limb.
Also, gas should not be negated by the Antidote of One perk in survival - it should only be negated by wearing a breathing mask.

1 Like

Why? Antidote of One is a big investment, either in stats or gear. When I’m running it I like that I can fire gas arrows into a melee and charge in bareheaded. It’s one of the main reasons to take it.

Well, the reasoning is that it’s gas and as such you do choke and are unable to breathe inside the gas unless you wear a breathing mask. No antidote in the world can help you against choking to death from inability to breathe because of some gas.

1 Like