This is a question that has been puzzling me.
- A number of the cut scenes have the NPC talking as if your character has asked a question.
- There are a number of indications that your character cannot speak as a result of the bee giving them magic. In the opening cut scene the bee enters your character’s mouth. If this were a mundane bee this would likely cause difficulty speaking (at least until the sting healed), so it is not unlikely.
- Interacting with a certain group at one point indicates they think you have lost your voice. They say they know why and how you can get your voice back.
- In a certain quest you interact with a character who suggests he or she is a “bee”. The character uses a voice synthesizer. Since this character also uses a mask it is not established if this is for disguise or in order to speak at all.
- Later (a lot later) in the story line there is a another character who indicates he was a “bee”, yet he speaks.
- Your character does have battle grunts, so it’s not complete muteness.
So - is your character unable to speak now? Is this true of all “bees”, or just you, or only most?
OOC - I know why they don’t have your character speaking - it’s the “mute protagonist” that has been explained elsewhere (better immersion, cheaper, etc).