Are you ready for fun?

Another member gave me this idea and I did it yesterday in single player but in civil difficulty.
Today I will log in on an official server to try to end it in this difficulty.
What?
Finish the game without using feat points and crafting.
Rules…
You cannot craft anything than rough bandages and weak aloe potions.
You can repair your torch or your stone tools but only if you loot them from npcs or chests.
No bedrolls allowed.
You can farm gold and own anything merchants sell and use it, as long you will craft nothing, not even food.
Yesterday I did it and it was wonderful, please try and tell me your experiences too thank you.

Send your ending photo with these 3 journey steps.
Have fun.

And there it starts, wish me luck…

11 Likes

Good :+1: luck to you I know now you enjoy pain.

6 Likes

You mean finish the game by having the bracelet removed and walk away into the desert?

I’m thinking surviving without crafting a single item whether it is tools/weapons/buildings etc. and then defeat several world bosses to get the item you need to make the Keystone and use it at the Altar of Chaosmouth sounds pretty much impossible without being able to craft anything on the way… I wish you luck on your journey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy locusts, that sounds tough. Can you eat insects? Can you use NPC Forges?

5 Likes

So you hang out in the city begging for mats in the RNG chests for about what?..3 days?

3 Likes

Nude-swimming in the jungle for gold.

3 Likes

It’s not impossible, I did it yesterday in my single player but in civil difficulty. I finish it in 5 hours, so difficult yes, impossible no. It was extremely funny and it took me out of my box. I never remember my self using my fists to kill something, and ofcurce to play all this content of the game without using a war axe. I do know the difference between civil and decadent, yet playing official makes it more challenging but a win without doubts. I don’t want to go YouTube, the game already has enough, so this is why official.
@erjoh, yes rng is a bi… c, yet it is not a speed run, so I don’t care. Time is not an issue, I need reasons to do my thing and enjoy it, it made me really happy that today I was thinking in my job how I will move to manage it, I really miss that part of the game.
@Barnes the only things you can craft is the basic healing ones, the rest you can repair only if you loot them. The real pain is the absence of bedrolls, THIS is the most challenging part, like my son says, try hard, in this I need luck, skills are not always enough in an online game, you can loose everything by a damn lag or an electricity black out, so luck for not being unlucky is another part that is necessary.
Guys, try it, you’ll love it, only the beginning is a little difficult, once you kill your first World boss everything is way easier.
Don’t start looting end game items unless you are ready is my only goal and advice.

6 Likes

Did a Pick up only run, (no crafting at all, buying/trading. )

Thats back when food heal’d. So you could eat a lasting meal and run around boss room going “oh snaps oh snap oh snaps”

3 Likes

What do you need tools for if you can’t craft anything?

2 Likes

Nice!
Let me share my experience:

I did similar years ago: scavenger run. The point of it was the same: no crafting, only looting.
The start was pretty easy, kited some crocs to the one skull fighters at the Noob river, looted their medium armor, than ran up to Sepermeru to have some decent-ish gear to proceed to the nordheimers and grab their hardened steel stuff and fur armor (vanir armor was good for surviving in the cold back then :laughing: ).

Killed cimmeriands to have specter coating and star metal gear (THAT was mind blowingly loooong farm!), and armor, which was pretty quick.
Grabbed the Sword of the watcher, having plenty of mulled brew from Sepermeru chests, I visited the Kinscourge, murdered him, took a detour to the Frost temple to level up a bit more. And because I like that place.

Than I went to kill croc world bosses to have nice legendaries (not much, probably the Aja’s bane for undead with specter coating, and the Festering one to living stuff was the major ones). And the Mismourn to proceed to the next destination: VOLCANOOO.
If you enter there, you can have a free ice tea from the merchant (bug?), if you are like me, who avoided the jungle so far and not having any coins to buy tea. Slayed some dudes and serpentmen to get their gear - I found obsidian 2 handed swords more efficient, than other legendaries, because I could not find the one I wanted: Blade of the adventurer :sob: .

Then I just killed every major bosses. I would say it was waaaay different than playing the game casually, but was not that difficult. Only difficulties were the times when I died, and had to run back to my stuff (thanks cimmerians…). I was lucky (and skilled! heh heh) enough to not die in the frozen north AT ALL! I died in the volcano twice however, but Sepermeru had me mulled brews, iron picks, so running through the snow was not a hard thing to do while grabbing a handful of ice to reach my gear before I die from overheating.

Looking back from now I would say, swimming to east to collect gold to purchase a mercenary fighter (and let it kill one skull bosses in the ship to have the Seasalt cutlass) would have definately made my life easier at mid-range, but I wasn’t aware of that at that time. Plus another good advice: shields make your life easier against NPCs (but giving shields to slaves is still not a good advice).

4 Likes

Grabbing ice into the volcano, slashing world bosses for the keys, harvesting aloe and plant fiber to craft the only 2 craftable items: aloe and wraps.

2 Likes

Ah yeah forgot about the volcano and how you got the boss items :grin:

I would probably start as I do when levelling a new character (apart from the fact that I start with stone weapons then).

Stock up on Grubs and Eggs.
Go to Black Galleon and loot the 2 chests that can drop Hammer of the Whale and some daggers (and a sword?).
Go to The Den and loot the Neebs chest that can drop the same.
Go to Sepumeru and loot chests and kill named Set priest for daggers if it’s there (can be pretty hard at low level when you aggro 3-4 with daggers and a couple of others, but if you’re careful it’s doable).
Go through Unnamed City and loot chests.
Back to The Den.
Back to Black Galleon.

At this point you should have a handful of decent/good weapons and 1-3 legendary repair kits and are good to go I guess.

3 Likes

Ah yeah, the Sharkbite (the dagger) is a god-tier item in early levels, and can carry you for pretty long.
And thanks for reminding the ones who want to try it, because I forgot to mention:
DO NOT skip the Unnamed city for repair kits! And usually those chests have a pretty high chance to give durability kits (and efficiency ones too, but that is not that important) if you are unlucky with the repair kits.
Plus a ton of lasting feast and rhino head soup, and elixirs. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

This sounds fun. I’m a bit scared to try it though since after 4000 hours or so I uh… have never actually finished the game :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with that @Firecrow. To be quite frank, they really give you no incentive to actually WANT to finish the game. Lose everything you’ve worked for and start over? No thanks.

4 Likes

This is exactly the point @Oduda. This is an RP experience, imagine that you are a person for real in that lands but you have people waiting for you out of this jail, you have 2 choises either to live and dominate to these lands or find a way to escape and return to your beloved ones. This way, the only thing you will leave behind is the mercenary you paid for to help you escape, means nothing. @Firecrow if you are bored and you have time, create character in a pve server just for this, but try not to fix things that will hold you back, you only focus how to exit these lands, you don’t even have to do the challenging part, because I am a loony and want pain, it doesn’t matter that you have to be too. Other than that it’s just a reason to play your favorite game, nothing else :man_shrugging:.
@rolee9309 when I am ready I will start from volcano, I have only 15 before the gate thralls will respawn, if I’ll make it on time, then all the others are very easy, that’s my only fear.

2 Likes

A couple of things on this. No feat points, no problem. Since you can’t craft anything you don’t need to spend them anyway. What about attribute points? Are you allowed to spend them?

Also, on an official servers since you do not have any base to log out in safely due to not being able to craft in I assume you are only doing this in a PvE server or else you will just get murdered in your sleep. BUT, you can still get robbed in your sleep being out in the open right?

2 Likes

@Oduda
You can make it on single player, it’s safer, I am just doing it on official for the integrity of the challenge. Official pve no one can kill you, only with spikes and no one can loot you anyway even if he, she, killed you.
Ofcurce you use your attributes, it cannot be done the other way.
3 starting tips if you try it.
1, fist fighting, use light attacks, you control the fight easy and you use low stamina, which means you can dodge, let the npc or the mob do the combo, take some stamina back and continue.
2, darfari weapon recipe, the stone darfari axe is really powerful and it’s light attacks are combo breakers, plus you may not be allowed to fix it but you can repair it if you loot it, so keep on hitting darfari camps until you get one. (if however you want to fix it and not wait to loot it, all fine by me, other than that you define the difficulty you want to play it, np )
Go to jungle as soon as you get one darfari axe, the apes are extremely easy to kill and for 3 apes is one level(until level 30), plus you will gather gold to take a mercenary to help you.
Most important, at the beginning try to gather eggs and aloe and run to Sepermeru the soonest possible, then come back to fight darfari.

Edit.

Jungle has decades places to hide, literally decades, just climb :wink:

1 Like

But the answer to that is not to work for anything. Just go through take what you need and defend yourself as needed.

1 Like

I guess you didn’t noticed the greatest difficulty of this challenge, NO BEDROLLS, this is the hardest point.