Areas That Could Use A Little Attention

I had been compiling a library of spots on the Exiled Lands map that I feel could use attention. Unfortunately I changed computers while I was doing this and didn’t copy the pics over. So I started over.

I mentioned in a previous test live thread that I had a bunch of photos and said I didn’t want to clutter up the forum with them. Then I asked where I could send the photos to avoid this. I have not gotten a reply back so I have decided to start posting some of these areas.

I encourage every and all forum users to add their own pics to this thread.

Sorry a few of these are not too clear in the screen shots. Almost every pic has the coordinates (Hold shift + Ctrl + Alt + L to activate and deactivate coordinates).

Sorry there are so many. That’s why I wanted to send these directly to Funcom. I did not remember how. Getting old is no fun :crazy_face:

Thanks Funcom!

Edit: I removed a duplicate pic. Sorry if there are any others that I missed.

14 Likes

This last pic seems to be a consistent issue with most of the building in Sepermeru that have the accent stripe/strip on them.

2 Likes

3 Likes

If you wanna see a TON of these player-clip → textured polygon misalignments climb just about anywhere in the southern jungle areas. Most high rocks everywhere too.

I know why it happens and how to fix it. I wonder if they’ll address it in 3.0 though? It’s a lot of manual work and might end up causing performance issues too. I hope they get there tho. It’s one of the things that bothers a lot of people about the game.

2 Likes

Português PT-BR
Também acho que deve ter mais detalhes sobre as partes…
Cidade sem nome

Dentro de uma entrada na cidade sem nome ao lado do obelisco

buraco ao lado do templo da legião silêciosa

Parede Verde entre a montanha

Confira a parede V o local do mapa está acima ^

Esse abaixo fica em C6 sobre a montanha

Essa parte mostra a montanha esticando a textura do gráfico

Este abaixo fica ao lado do covil

Sei de muitos lugares posso postar aqui o dia todo, mas acho que devem arrumar esses detalhes que irá melhorar muito o acabamento do jogo. Espero ter ajudado @Funcom_Community
Grama ou capim que fica nos barco em siptah

3 Likes

Exiled Lands in Sepermeru

2 Likes

I knew of this one but didn’t see it my last trip through Sepermeru.

EDIT: I will have to check it again my next time in Sep City. Good pic and post! Keep it up!

Português PT-BR
Meu post também pode se considerar essa atenção que estamos falando aqui… Confira esse BUG @Funcom_Community

1 Like

So here’s how the area looked on my most recent trip to Sepermeru:

It looks like it has been fixed in 3.0.

I really meant keep it up though. No sarcasm was intended…

1 Like

Here’s another area in the Unnamed City that could use attention:

The mesh (?) issues span the entirety of pic1 to pic3.

In the middle pic that is my helmet and shield that are just barely visible through the sand.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

as torres também tem defeito visual

2 Likes

This will probably be the last pic of this type that I post. All Funcom has to do is go to any ridge line like in this pic and they are almost guaranteed to find the player and often times the enemies (monster/npc) will also sink into the terrain.

I think that sinking into the terrain is actually almost a realistic effect when in the desert or snow… or swamp.

I took a bunch more of these type of pics in the Central/North/West part of the map. I do not feel it is productive to keep posting them as I mentioned above how Funcom can find these if they are so inclined. Anything of a more major nature I will post though.

1 Like

A lot of this happened when they reduced textures/poly count before they introduced cinematic settings. Think they did it for console and potatoes.

2 Likes
1 Like

I thought you was supposed to be able to sink into the sand for atmosphere and your feet would move the sand a bit.

2 Likes

It happens no matter the terrain though. I don’t think it’s possible to sink into rock. I could be wrong though.

1 Like