Armor not protecting against harshest temperatures

Anyone notice how full vanir or full light won’t protect against the harshest temperature conditions now? I realize the +1 cold/heat protection stacks but in full set of vanir only gives 3-4 temp protection out of the available 5 and I still get “extremely cold” taking damage. anyone know the trick for armor to protect you from the elements after update #33?

I was experiencing the same thing, and I even have the perk that diminishes temperature effects. Not sure how to deal with the extreme environments yet myself, but you’re not alone in your question.

1 Like

I’ve noticed those changes although I haven’t had the opportunity to test them out yet.
One thing comes to mind to compensate is spicy foods. Could you give that a try and let us know how it turns out?

Spicy food works along with any drink that warms you. It will prevent you from taking cold damage for a few. I don’t know if its an attempt to make cooking/brewing more necessary or what. My clan has a base in ice spire chasm so it’s a great elemental defense against raiders but it really sucks when you die and go try to recover your body.