Ban/Suspension shouldnt be as easy

I’ll have to take pictures of my clans base on siptah as they were just threatened to be reported by a clan they are fighting😔

1 Like

Yup we can give them all the good will in the world but in the end the bottom line… is the bottom line. Certain characters that seem to play the forums more than the game can throw all the shade they like saying people wouldn’t get banned if they didn’t deserve it but we know this not to be true. They (Funcom) are hurting us by a poor gaming experience and customer response it is only fair we express that pain and then reflect it at them.

I am willing to embrace the new financing model and invest in Conan’s going forward but I expect… NO DEMAND better clarity in rules, enforcement and an OPEN and TRANSPARENT appeal process. I don’t expect perfection but I do expect care, consideration and fair shake especially if somebody wants my hard earned cash.

Right now Funcom you deserve nothing but disdain, you are failing on all of these scores and need to lift your game. 3.0 could be something beautiful and there are lot of people in these forums and in game that WANT to help it be a success but you are crapping on them from a great height and it is a big market out there.

2 Likes

With the new monetization system, the way they ban players left and right without giving a reason need to change or a lot of people gonna be pissed when the account they spent money with bazaar and battle pass get banned.
You get banned just for being in a clan no matter who abuse/break the rules and thats not fair, it discourage people to join clans, even with friends.

1 Like

And the worst part of it is the inconsistency! One admin will say covering that POI is OK and another will ban wipe in an identical situation. Now to be fair, that might have been addressed since the @Umborls interactions. I don’t think so but I dunno for sure either…

1 Like

I agree. Bit since we only ever get the banned players pov and funcom abstains from arguing their point, we kind of have only biased data on how unfair it is.

2 Likes

Maybe, just maybe they know the actual data. And arguing with this forum is futile and wastes their time based on how it really is affecting the player base…

1 Like

I’m sure, if i report your base, you’ll get 100% banned. Do you want to try?

1 Like

Yes. Now calling people “clown” is bannable.
Anyway, i would like to show you that your theories are wrong.
I get banned in one server with less than 4800 foundations pieces because i blocked a chest inside the cave at sinkhole. This is how the rules are clear.
Blocking a useless chest, that drop you some woods and iron bars it’s been the reason of my ban.
So, if you tell me in dm your server’s number, i’ll show you that the REPORT META doesn’t need any real rules broken :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately that is technically blocking content. content gets a little vague when we start to talk about rocks,tress etc but where it’s a lootable chest it does seem a bit more obvious. I had to redesign my clans base slightly yesterday because I looked up poi’s on the wiki map. The under claw on siptah has two poi’s. One is on top of the mountain and since we are built in the cave bellow I’m assuming that we are good there. The other is a dead body on the bottom of the mountain( in the lore I suppose he fell off the mountain) now I’m glad I looked because we had built right over it. ( maybe make it so you can’t but I digress) so I removed it all and now it’s just within a small ish courtyard. However I’m not sure if that’s enough to save my clan from a ban but I suppose we will see.

As to @Marcospt base yes I agree he’s eyes aren’t really open to how against his builds really are for the tos. I also think he should have received the same ban you got on this forum for the things he said in my opinion.

That you know of.
FACT:They don’t owe you any explanation of anything just like you don’t have to justify your conspiracy theories.
They have stated they know of the reporting meta issue and are working on it which would be revisiting with all moderators and getting feedback on what should and shouldn’t be allowed and moving forward from there. But there are way too many supositions being put out that as “fact” and until I hear from them, I’m not going to take sides in this. I will say that if some of these are true, then yes I agree that its overboard on what is enforceable on builds but I haven’t seen any confirmation from FC that these are accurate crimes against the ToC. I’m pretty sure that this forum and this topic, specifically, is continuously monitored because of the heated topic of conversation and I will bet real money that these moderators are forwarding mature and reasonable questions and concerns to the ToC folks. It’s how companies work with consumer feedback but you gotta be an adult and rational when you put something out there otherwise you will be discounted as a loon.

If you don’t want to be taken seriously then you are just trolling and moderators can take appropriate actions.

2 Likes

It’s not about being right.
I told you this because there are tons of bans that are useless and they are only discouraging people to invest hours of play, especially in PVP servers, only to see your base, your “work” disappear into thin air.
I get thousands of messages from people threatening you to report if you don’t fulfill some request.
I am not speaking to you as the first comer, I am speaking to you after 4 years of experience in the official PVP servers.
I apologize if the other day I called you a clown, it is certainly not the constructive way to deal with speeches; I was annoyed because I tried to make a point, about an absolutely unbalanced game mechanic, to which I received a “you suck” or “get better” in return.
In PVP servers we call it “meta report” and, believe me, if you go around on YOUTUBE or in this forum there are thousands of posts related to this mechanic.

I think the main issue here is that you have people that get enforced on that are actively trying not to be an issue and then there are those that are building against the ToS just to be jerks. On top of that, you got people that will report any and all they come against because there is no negative to a false report.

To which I believe that there needs to be another bullet point in the ToC that states that use of the zendesk for in game gain will not be tolerated and accounts and clans within that have been determined to do this will be suspended for 30 days.

1 Like

And I’m totally on board there. Content needs to be defined and it could be simply anything that has a marker on the map and while I disagree, we all know where they stand and can move forward from that…but if paths are considered content, that is just too much of a stretch IMHO.

2 Likes

Yes and no. There is a plausible defense strategy for beta types of too pretty to destroy. Your building skills and efforts to enhance the scenery get respected by the alpha and you become protected because of this.

Usually when someone takes the high ground and apologizes for something the other person will have the decency to apologize back even if they don’t mean it. “Your a clown” vs “you all suck get good” to me the decent thing to do would be apologize back

all of your remarks about certain people not caring about the rules and getting banned is fair. Tells me that pve deserves some reports unfortunately this may be a necessary evil to get people to open their eyes.
FC doesn’t seem to care much about pvp players so maybe when pvers start to get banned they will listen.

I just wonder how the entire “report meta” will work out the moment 3.0 drops and a flood of new players will log in and start building all over the map.

Personally, I expect some experienced players or even whole clans just spam reporting the “new blood” and eventually hurting Funcom where it hurts the most, their wallet.
After all, I doubt most people will continue to invest in the game after getting a ban on their first week.

3 Likes

They didn’t confirm lance “one shots” for several months.
But here we are with a confirmed fix in 3.0 coming our way.
It’s just a matter of time.

1 Like

Sounds like the difference is pvp is trying to follow rules and pve is flat out not caring by your standards

1 Like

Really?

1 Like

You’re not completely wrong, but you’re not completely right, either.

People keep getting banned and showing up on the forums all the time. A fraction of them will get their thread locked almost immediately by writing a post full of insults, sometimes accompanied by swearing, so you won’t even see them.

Of the rest, a non-trivial portion ends up revealing that they did, in fact, break the rules and they were either aware of it but thought they should get away with it, or they were aware of what they were doing but didn’t think they were breaking the rules because they’re used to playing the old way.

The rest are people who truly don’t know what went wrong. Most of them assume they didn’t break any rules because they only read the canned message you get when you’re banned (e.g. “abuse of land claim”) and jumped to a conclusion about what that’s supposed to mean without even trying to get more info via Zendesk.

Those who do try to get that information often end up with an answer that doesn’t explain enough, so they still don’t know what went wrong and might end up making the same mistake when (if?) they go back to the official servers.

From there on, the same handful of people will jump on the thread and repeat the same discussion you can see on each and every one of them. A few of them argue in a civil and reasonable manner, like @Boobie and @Kikigirl, and I respect them a lot for that. A lot of the rest are there simply to push whatever grudge they hold and nothing you say to them will ever matter.

All in all, there really is a problem with the rules and how they’re handled, but there’s really not much point in arguing with people as long as they’re not asking for crap like building limits, or complete reversal of the rules.

3 Likes