Base has disappeared

I went into the game this morning all was fine. When I went back to my base.it was completely gone except for some horses and Thralls.so I reset the game 4 times to find my buildings and chest were all gone. Next thing.I shut down the PS4 and started again. Same thing.I have nothing there. Anyone have that problem. I am on server #3760

1 Like

You probably got admin wiped Mysty.

Check the event log for an explanation of what happened.

1 Like

Thank you droch-aon. I didn’t know about the event log and I found that it was a stability issue. I don’t understand tho why the entire building and chests would be gone. We have lost almost everything. Just a few chest left. I had to make a hammer to see if I could place a foundation where we built. If it was a glitch I know it would not have let me. Nope. I was able to lay foundations. We just worked on the base yesterday. I don’t see how the stability could go that fast. Thank you for the help. Mysty.

1 Like

Maybe, but maybe not. Let’s say you have a foundation and then 10 walls going straight up from it. If something destroys that foundation, you will have 1 log entry about that foundation being destroyed and 10 log entries about walls losing stability.

I would recommend taking a careful look at the event log to see if you can determine what caused the loss of stability.

1 Like

Hi CodeMage. Thank you. I have been reading what is going on. There is a ton of scrolling of stability issues. I am waiting for my partner to come into the game so we can both come up with a solution. We had so much in the way of resources and they are all gone. Looks like starting the base all over again. But we need to find the solution so that it doesn’t happen again. Thank you

1 Like

let’s wait server restart, maybe you are right :speak_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

As others have suggested, one of the possibilities is that some other player reported you alleging that you were breaking server rules, an admin investigated, and decided to destroy your base. If that was the case, you will also have been suspended (i.e. temporarily blacklisted from logging onto official servers), which will go into effect after the server reboot.

Another possibility is that a player deliberately spawned the purge close to your base and then herded the attackers towards your base to destroy it.

Finally, it’s also possible that a bug caused a stability problem. If that’s the case, it’s recommended to report the bug in the PlayStation Bug Report forum.

To sum it up, I would recommend looking at the logs to see if it was another player’s purge and waiting for approximately 24 hours (until you’re sure the server rebooted) to see if you were suspended. If neither of these scenarios is the case, then report a bug and include as much info as you can.

Good luck :+1:

5 Likes

If the disappearance of the base happened today and it is an admin wipe, you’ll know by server restart as a message will appear upon attempt to log in to Official servers.

Until then what mode is this? PVE-C, PVE or PVP?

If PVP you have some options for passing over some things easily with an unlocked chest to an alt or someone that wasn’t in clan.

If PVE you’ll need to load up an alt with all your stuff to body vault your things if playing on alts is an option or log out in a safe place (put on a gas mask) with all your stuff so that you can access it once your suspension is over.

The followers will probably be fine as it seems like the 10 day decay is broken so they’ll still be there for you when you return. I would suggest not starting to rebuild until server restart so you know for sure as if it is a suspension for building infractions, your building will decay in 10 days and the suspension might only run for 7 days but the content of a suspension message is misleading: it states your access will begin again on a specific day but it is actually the following day on restart. So technically 8 days and there’s been a lot of decay bugs in the past year where a building still decays within the old decay of 7 days instead of 10.

Either way, you won’t know if it is a suspension until server restart. Logs show lost stability for admin wipes.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we can kill people with gas arrows in PVE so there’s no need for a gas mask.

1 Like

Sandstorm

2 Likes

Hope I’m wrong and Mysty and her parntner just got griefed or it’s some sort of bug cause then they can rebuild right away. I personally think being admin wiped is worse cause they won’t be able to log in for 8 days depending on the severity of the offence.

2 Likes

Aah right

1 Like

Yeah I been killed on official servers indoors by sandstorm in place you should not be hit.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your helpful info. We wouldn’t break any of the rules…we love the game and respect all players…hopefully we will be ok tomorrow…Thank you again…Mysty

1 Like

Good for you and yours I’m going to bed

I think you got Dev wiped They are doing It with many people with no warning.

1 Like

Are you sure? Since you are on PVE it’s doubtful your build got spam reported, so if it got admined they investigated and found a violation.

But being admined, till verified, is just one possibility.

They have never given warnings.
I as well as quite a few think it wrong of them, but how often does funcom actually listen to us?

1 Like

I’m not doubting you and kiki sir but I’ve never heard friendos died from sandstorm while logged out. It never happened to me as well because I always log out inside my house. But I’ll test this out today cause friendos tend to log out everywhere nilly willy.

I hope they change their ways and actually give us a warning before wiping people. It only takes one dude to report you and you’re screwed.

2 Likes