Bases not loading in

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

[Free text]
I play on official server 3829 and I will be waiting inside my base for a solid 15-20 minutes before doors and benches even load in. I’m literally a prisoner in my own base. It’s been like this for months and still no improvements. I just sat through two in game days without being able to leave… so I guess if I want to keep playing on this server that I spent a year on building a grinding I have to just have a hole in my base so I can actually play the game now??? Been like this since game became free for the month and has become nearly unplayable on this server

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same issue when logging in and waiting for my base to load. It doesn’t happen every time but it happened often enough where I found a workaround. If you notice after 5 minutes or so that your base isn’t loaded in completely, just log out to the main menu and relog into your server. Every time I’ve done this it’s loaded in the base much faster, usually within a couple of minutes.

1 Like

Hello @Pawa87, thank you for reaching out!

Could you please provide additional data, such as screenshots of your base and the surrounding area, PS4 model, HDD / SDD and whether you have similar performance issues in other servers or single player?

I am on official PvE-C server #3828
I constantly have issues with assets not loading in right away, or at all, even after sitting idle for 15 minutes. The doors not loading is a real inconvenience.
The only solution I have found is to log out and log back in repeatedly until the assets are successfully loaded.
I have an original model PS4, I moved Conan to a 2 TB HDD external drive because I had heard this improved loading times, I found this not to be the case.
I stream my gameplay regularly on twitch.
I will try to link some shorter vids showcasing this issue later today.

2 Likes

I’ll bet your base is too big or there’s too much stuff in it to load properly. I keep my base small and have not had this issue, but when ever near a mega base it will lag or blue screen

Unfortunaetly, @Rlesley74 may be right.

WE are given unlimited freedom to build as much as we want. But on officials, the servers are limited in power. And thus, it can only compute so fast.

On PvE Official #1502 we see this issue, but only in the area immediately around the Swamp obelisk. The base someone has built there is only medium-sized (as far as PvE bases go), but it can take 10 minutes or more to load; meanwhile, the rest of the server runs just fine.

Our best theory is that the area is problematic because there’s such a high number of AI actors in the area (i.e. all the insect monsters), plus weather effects, foliage, and other high-detail meshes. We’re also wondering if its proximity to the NE corner of the map (i.e. where dungeons are supposedly housed) could also be to blame.

Anyway, might not hurt for a dev to swing thru to observe what’s going on since it’s a public server.

1 Like

That makes sense. I know if you build slightly large by summoning place, issues arise as well.

Our bases are not too small, their software is not optimized. Victim shaming pfft, cant have that now. Let’s keep our perspective in focus here ladies, this is a case of promises and expectations

We were sold:

Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian. Survive in a savage world, build your kingdom, and dominate your enemies in brutal combat and epic warfare.

Start with nothing but your bare hands and forge the legacy of your clan, building anything [from?] (@Hugo grammar/translation error on https://www.conanexiles.com/) a small home to gigantic fortresses and entire cities. Wage war using swords, bows, siege weapons, and even take control of giant avatars of the gods and lay waste to enemy cities.

Nowhere does it say don’t put too much stuff in your city

ADDED: One more time since I posted 2 months ago regarding this

1 Like

There are also no signs that say don’t crap in the middle of a packed restaurant. But sometimes humans have to use the frontal lobe and realize that we have to think of the good of all, and not just oneself if we are going to have a functioning society. CE is no different, but on a lesser scale because it is a game.

Plus, you technically can build that way, you just have to deal with the lag and being kicked offline as a repercussion. They never said you would be able to load in consistently if you built that big.

1 Like

@Hugo
As promised here is a vid demonstrating bases not loading, and other quirks.

I hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Seems like a small base, but you don’t show what is outside of it or near it.

I’ve seen similar loading problems, but the base always loads fully after not more than 30 seconds. I have quite a few thralls and tames at the base and lots of bins and crafting stations. All this contributes to how long it takes to load in, so I think what I’m seeing is “normal”.

If you have neighbors close by, or you have 50 thralls and tames just outside your base, yes, what your seeing is “normal” and to be expected.

Like others have said, you can’t just build or tame unlimited amounts and expect the game to work as if you didn’t do that. Other games like ARK have building limits and tame limits to stop users from shooting themselves in the foot like this. Conan Exiles should probably have those too, but since it doesn’t, it is up to you to set limits or if you are on a private server, maybe the admin will set limits that all must follow or be booted from the server. I rent a server, and yes, I have rules in place, but have not had to enforce them.

PvP lizard brain baby :smiling_imp:

My wife and I have a private server. At least 70 thralls and pets some spawned some caught. Takes 3 to 4 minutes for base to render when spawning from bed occasionally less. Ps4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.