Battle Standards

EDIT: ok, we have figured that they are crafted in the player’s inventory not in a bench:

There is an option to change the settings via the general window:

More tests to follow.

2 Likes

it is a great addition but I have some issues with it

1. while placing it you get a fancy grid that shows you where the zone starts and ends which is top, my problem is the coloring of the grid… while golden glow might be nice,… it is very hard to see in desert areas…

a different color that is a better contrast to the map floor would be appreciated ( considering that the gold might be visible on the north maps better, but it is definitely too faint for desert areas even when on top of foundations )

1. After placing the banner, you have absolutely no visible hint where the pvp area starts… unless you run into it and the pop up windows shows up to ask you if you want to enter the pvp area…once there are walls and a roof… you are kinda clueless about the pvp zone

1. when the banner got placed you can’t do any more changes to the building that is part of the pvp zone… no walls, no torches… nothing… kinda not fun as you sometimes would have to do adjustments while the banner is still placed… there is no building inside the pvp zone and above it.

4 Likes

looks like a 7 x 7 area. Pretty decent size for 1 v1. Did you try to overlap 2 of the areas?

the size is 8x8 ( i used 9x9 foundations )
the form is a square, the pole of the flag is solid so you can crash against it <.<
not a fan of the idea of having to place multiples of the flags in order to fill out a round arena…
all those poles are kinda annoying then to run against…

i would prefer if we got at least 1 square area flag and 1 round area flag… that way we could combine them easier or… that the pole is only solid to the one who placed it…

1 Like

Maybe the grid lines from PVP banners could have a dye function similar to radium torches?

You dont see them after placed though. They only show if you have the flag “equipped” and ready to place it.

Seems strange that the flag has visibility and collision. Is it possible to overlap these to create a larger area? I’m thinking it would be cool to create a kind of minotaur’s labyrinth with them…

Yes. It was discussed during the live stream and it’s in my notes I wrote. To summarize, you can overlap the boundaries to form larger areas, or long hallways, or whatever. The grids are only visible during placement.

1 Like

yep… it is possible to overlap and to connect them more or less.
as you can see, I didn’t even had to place a foundation under it since my building was close enough so the land was still claimed.

the visibility of the flag after placing, the collision of said flag and a missing visible boundary are kind of things that annoy me :confused: it’s kind of… stupid to crash against the poles while you try to run, dodge or attack -.-

1 Like

Maybe they should remove the collision of the flag or adjust the boundry where its behind the flag or to the side maybe make a variation of both behind and to the side

it would also be cool if they made the size of the area adjustable. For e.g., if you could select if it was 8x8 or 7x7, 6x6, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.