Bazaar refunds for misrepresented items

Lmao

2 Likes

Prior to 3.0 - did player have the ability to use DLC content without Internet connection?

Because if Bazaar items now become unavailable the moment you Internet goes down - this does not qualify as “purchase” - this is “renting” at best, and must be explicitly advertised as such - otherwise it’s like marketing “car rental” as “car dealership”. And phrasing like “buying items” is shady at best and outright scam at worst.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feared this was the case. I really wanted to mortar and pestle and the jar, just as upgrades from the grinder and chests. I held off because that set was not worth $10+ dollars and I figured they would be decorative rather than functional.

Thus far, nothing in the bazaar has seriously tempted me due to the cost compared with previous DLCs. Hell, even the Riddle of Steel DLC, as paltry as it was, had more value.

I will make due with my forever renewing $10 BattlePass because the Arcane Cabinet is both good looking and functional.

3 Likes

Probably, because the DLC items were always loaded locally with the main game, and the existence of the DLC licence could also be determined locally via the Steam library or something.

The EULA for Conan Exiles makes this pretty clear. We never purchase ownership to anything, just a licence to use a product until the publisher decides otherwise. That’s SOP for most game studios these days.

It’s also the reason why I prefer to buy my games from GOG these days. Except for a few notable cases, if I buy a game from there, it’s mine to keep. That’s also why they’ll never get the games from some publishers in the GOG Store.

2 Likes

Or why physical copies > digital ones.

Licensing is bullshit, plain and simple.

1 Like

I have been in touch with funcom and they stated that it is indeed meant to have large storage and is just not working correctly right now. They plan to fix in in the next patch.

4 Likes

Well thats sort of annoying…but at the same time goods turn around are off so that still provides opportunity to obtain.

It would be exceedingly nice if one of their representatives could answer in the thread with that info.
We got a confirmation in another thread that Arcane Armaments are simply false advert- misworded, so clarification helps.

Also, the poor new community team members.
They should demand a raise unless they were warned they were being hired right before a hurricane of effluence.

3 Likes

Barrels r free though… not purchased

Just so you know, funcom says it is intended to have storage but is not working as intended yet.

1 Like

So @darthphysicist was right all along. Thank you my fellow exile, for letting me know, I really appreciate your reply @TheCrazyness . It’s years now with @Croms_Faithful and others that we ask for more storaging options. It’s so sad that this update didn’t run correctly, you can’t understand how many surprizes are under the shadow of the hasty release! Devs are preparing all our wishes years now. I am totally going to buy it then, I really need it.

1 Like

Is that storage and walls will disappear if we get the “not entitled” bug?

1 Like

Greetings Everyone,

If you are experiencing any issues with your purchases, please make sure you reach out to our team over on Zendesk as they will be able to help you out further.

You can either use the in game reporting system or the ticket form on this page.

Regarding the incorrect description on some items, we are aware of the issue, and currently working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

6 Likes

@Senekht

That is a really good question. Talk about breaking the game. So we download this massive game spend years building and collecting DLCs and the overarching monetary plan becomes must have internet connection or item fails to work. I mean it’s brilliant, but evil, and yeah paradigm shifting.

$10/month or you can’t access your storage. Thank you for expressing this shift for me, I have spent the majority of my Conan gameplay online, frantically redesigning offline, then implementing changes as resources allowed on Official.

But I always took solace that when things were buggy etc I had offline play to kill time and figure stuff out. Moving forward it looks as though that MAY become less and less of an option.

I have a clanmate who bought him some items from Bazaar. He decorated our base with them and the items look amazing. Clan has access to the items in the new cabinet as clanmates,

?as long as he is paid up?

I can use the amazing new Arcane Storage Cabinet, I can not however ride his newly skinned horse, even though it belongs to the clan. Just a heads up as to how access is working right now.

Both reasonable, but definitely not how someone casually observing the thing would think the game would behave. It’s all about the sneaky sneaky.

3 Likes

Don’t attack me for my naïveté in this guys, I know its a business, and everyone has to get paid…

I’m just saying @Senekht comment was an AH-HA moment for me.

And that’s why these forums are important, we’re just trying to figure out how this pretend world we share, pretend works, when its not locking up or blue screening.

(as always love you FUNCOM, don’t ban me!).

3 Likes

Forums are for feedback. Just try to remember feedback comes in two forms. Negative and Positive. You have to be for something as well as against something else. Let them know what you want and let loose the dogs of war.

1 Like

There’s also constructive feedback vs spewing non constructive bile. Constructive feedback, both good and bad, is great and can be worked with. Non constructive bile is useless.

1 Like

Non constructive bile is useless on the macro, in general.

Sufficient expression of abject loathing may draw attention to a problem. May.

There’s also the possibility it makes the venting spleen feel better. Which, if one is aggrieved and then takes action that blunts that discomfort, treating the symptom, rather than the cause, then it is as valid as some modern “medical” practices.

Negativity needs a release option. And with few healthy choices that are widely known/available, having a digital tantrum is sometimes the only remedy known.
Unfortunate, but an expectable consequence of frustration inducing issues.

5 Likes

@LostBrythunian, I agree.
They left open for discussion everything. It’s one of the most amazing things this company has, they allow us to speak isn’t it? @Damon does very well to express worries and asking for the old share system, or the old dlc system. Tbh I would mind either way, but if I could choose, I would definitely choose the old system, but I can’t.
At least I wish this new system gave them the oil they need to keep the lights on. I would really love to have this information, not for gossip, it would just make me happy to learn that they reached their goals.

2 Likes

I heard negativity is soluble in alcohol and my preliminary experimental results confirm it.

5 Likes