Blunted Arrows - DECODED!

BEHOLD!! Fellow combatants, I bring you concussive ranged damage.
According to the dev notes on the wiki page referenced below, “The intention is that they act as ranged truncheons, letting you knock enemies out from afar.” And this is possible.

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Blunted_Arrows

This was accomplished using a low damage bow,

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Hunting_Bow

In combination with a blunting mod

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Advanced_Blunted_Weapon_Fitting

The result is that concussive damage is greater than health damage and the NPC can be knocked out before dying. Voila! [Edit: Not a “sterile” enviorment for test but subjects were a hyrkanian archer 3 and a captain, not sure of gear yet since they have not come off the wheel. The captain took considerably longer because couldn’t get a good aim for headshots. Archer 3 went down in 7 head shots. The bow was virtually trash after but can be repaired with plant fiber)

Please, oh honorable sage of all things conan @Multigun can you point me in the right direction to have the wiki page update so others may know?

EDIT: removed links to other related posts to shorten this post

7 Likes

Sorry, Multigun would point you to me. Anyhow, chances are it was fixed in a recent patch, say the anniversary patch, or in between testlive and live version of this or another patch. Not everything is always noted in the patch notes. It’d be wise to mention @SirBowen, who put up the dev notes on the page you mentioned. They can look into this for you and remove the entry if they’re okay with it. Thank you for testing :smiley:

If you want to contribute to the wiki in the future, feel free to do so!
You can read on this post to see what we’ve done this month and check the linked thread for how to help: Official Wiki - Changes, May 2019: Italian translation, Polish translation drafting, Cancelled features and more!

2 Likes

New to the forums so was not familiar with the correct party, tyvm for your intervention. Glad to help and was excited to share with everyone. I don’t believe I’ll contribute to the wiki but by all means please update for others to know

Little known fact: All blunted weapons can be used to knock out enemy player thralls during raid times too (PVP servers). Sometimes its even faster to knock them out then trying to kill them. On your next raid try using blunted arrows against enemy archer thralls on towers :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I tested them on

1 Like

Bonus fact: Once an enemy thrall is knocked out you can capture them with a rope and drag them to your own breaking wheel to steal. Run into an annoying captain with a sword of crom? You know what to do lol

1 Like

I actually gave them to a new player to put on their wheel. Generous barbarian I guess

2 Likes

Sharing is caring!

I can’t wait to try this solution ! Thank you very much @Ranson for sharing it :kissing_heart:

EDIT: it works !!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Great post, thanks for sharing the info. It’s too bad that better bows don’t add concussive damage to a blunt arrow, rather than regular damage.

2 Likes

I have not tested this assumption yet. I am currently distracted by a building project but it would be a great firespark vid. If he doesn’t test I will and see if I can locate the optimal combination.

If you want to test yourself I’d recommend pictish or go into singleplayer

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.