Bug with altar placement

Game mode: Official PvE-C
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: United States #1942

The Alters need about a 4x5 foundation area to be placed. Yet, when I try to place a second one, it wants way way more room to place the object. This has to be a bug.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Placing the objects is hard enough, since you can’t see through the object to see exactly where the footprint will be, but this bug makes it worse.
  2. I created a very large circular foundation more than big enough to accommodate the 6 altars, but it will not allow me to place more than 2 on this massive foundation.

Altars need some distance between them. That is not considered a bug (call it religious jealousy, if you want…). If you want to have all of them on a circular platform (at the edge), you’ll need to build a bigger platform…

Yea you need a base the size of Italy to place all six alters at the same base, its just crazy how much room you need between each alter to place them.

Not a bug.

Altars need a healthy 8 blocks between their foundation placement, if I remember correctly…?

1 Like

It really would be nice if some sort of red preview sphere was drawn indicating the obstruction radius of nearby altar(s) that are preventing placement, huh? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, this would have been nice to know, before making a foundation out of hundreds of structures, and more hundreds making the 5 wide stairs to get to the top of the hill.

In a word, this is ridiculous. Honestly, the building system in this game is kind of frustrating. It has one benefit over official Ark and Atlas. You don’t have to worry as much about building on a flat surface, but in all other aspect, ARK and Atlast, and 7D2D, have superior building systems. Like, why can’t I place chests perfectly on top of each other? Why no snapping, like in other games?

I am beyond frustrated at this point, realizing that I can’t create the “religious” center that I had planned. 7 tiles between altars? Just seen this in a video. Sorry, but that is really unhelpful.

7 blocks instead of 8? Cool. Thx for dbl checking that! I wasn’t absolutely sure when I posted that. :slight_smile: (sorry for the building frustration. Believe me, I’ve been there. Looking at you, zero stability foundation bug!)

It was in a tutorial video I looked up when this didn’t work, but I just have to say this…that bubble is pointless on PvE. But, even if it were, and the reason they have the bubble is for the protection of the alter, and they only want you to be able to protect that altar, and not the others, then just make it only protect that altar.

People, when playing PvE, want to build for aesthetics, not base defense. And we absolutely do not need a shield to protect the altar during a purge. I had a purge that included Mammoths and Dragons, and they never got close to my base structures. I have a few dozen fighters and archers around the base, and they destroy anything that gets close, including Rotbranch, when somebody kited him to my base. He never got anywhere near the structures. I got a free key out of it.

I would like to place these things much closer together. I don’t need the shields. At least give us the option of doing this. Make the shields unusable if you place to close, and give a warning that this will be the case. Also, show the range of the bubble when placing, for those who want to use the shield.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.