Building System Bugs

I just would like to know why with every patch there is something being bugged in building system, which doesn’t have to do much with new added content, so why does it change though?

Examples:

1. It’s not possible to connect two foundations if there is fence on the side where these two foundations connects, but you can connect two foundations and then put a fence on the connected side. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2. It’s not possible to place a gate frame under ceilings, but it’s possible to put gate frame and then ceiling on it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3. It’s not possible to put a fence foundation on each other, but it’s possible to place fence foundations under each other, just not the other way round. :woman_shrugging:t3:

4. At some places close to textures it’s not possible to change a side of a wall, door and gate frame to inner and outer. You can still place it, but only way game wants you to. :woman_shrugging:t3:

5. It’s not possible to place stage pieces beside fence foundations, but you can place them beside any other building pieces even fences. :woman_shrugging:t3:

6. It’s not possible to connect two ceilings if there is a crenelated wall on this side, but you can connect the ceilings and then put a crenelated wall. :woman_shrugging:t3:

7. It’s not possible to place ceilings beside slopped roof or ramp, but you can do it the other way round, place a ceiling and then the roof or a ramp. :woman_shrugging:t3:

8. It’s not possible to place walls on foundation if there is a second foundation on it already, but you can do it the other way round, by placing foundation then wall on it, and then foundation inside the walls. :woman_shrugging:t3:

9. It’s not possible to place ceilings under foundations but you can place a ceiling and then foundation on it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

10. It’s not possible to place a hatch frame anywhere near any fence or crenelated wall, but of course, you can place a hatch frame and then fences on it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I am talking obviously about the cases where I create good enough stability for it, and I am still able to do all this stuff yet need to waste way more time because game make it more time consuming than it has to. Not mentioning that many of these things were possible before, they change with patches through the years, yet nothing much is actually being changed in building system, except recent change with stacking fence foundations.

4 Likes

Because when they fix 2 things they break 4 more. Conan exiles 2 will be the solution =)
I am waiting the next path to see how many things they fix, but probably they will not fix more than the 5% of glitches on the game that i know and develope new glitches =). But i wish be wrong I don’t know why but I have high expectations for the next patch.

Your number 8 I know well, you can also place a foundation piece in between two walls, but it does not work the other way around. I always make my walls this way, they are tripled, but I have to build two sets of walls, and then put the foundations in between.
I have to say though, I do not really think that changes much. It takes the same amount of time if I could do it the other way around. For purge purposes though, that is annoying that if a wall is destroyed, I cannot replace it as the foundation is in the way.

1 Like

It sounds like you have all the work arounds already… could be worse

Yup, not even mentioning the stuff that’s inconsistent to the point of absurdity:

Placement Trouble: "cannot place while overlapping another object" - LIES! - YouTube

Oh wow, that’s a chonky list of issues. Thank you for the detailed report. I’ll check and see if some of these are known issues and let our team know so they can investigate.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.