Can we get a limit on transportory stones?

The existence of servers is a mistake. The vast majority of unhappiness is caused by other people playing in the same sandbox. Either they built where I wanted to build, or they blocked the resource I wanted to harvest, or they broke into my base and stole my stuff and killed my thralls. When I do that to them it’s fine because I’m the most important person on the server - nay, I’m the only person who needs to be considered a person whereas the others are just there to serve my amusement. Me me me!

Or that’s what I see on the forums. A collection of self-centered people trying to fit into the same playground. That’s why Single-Player is the only proper way to play - because then you really are the most important person on your server, with no need to consider the needs of other players.

6 Likes

True, especially in official servers!
Define a number that you think is correct and analyze it please!

Well, that’s why me and some friend are not playing on official anymore, we have our own server… for now, its about to become expensive with the new battlepass and bazaar…

1 Like

I mitigated this danger by building them in sandstone portions and placing bombs around them inside raid time.

Enemy blows the door > triggers the bombs, no more teleporter.

1 Like

It seems to me the problem is not too many teleport stones. Rather too many bases.
In a previous server, my clan had a mega base and several smaller bases with a map room at every faction capital.
On this new playthrough, we have 1 main base at Assgarden and portals on a round 18 foundation base where we need them to be.
I would think this to be less stress on the server.
I’m not in favour of building limits generally. The teleport stone seems to me to be a way for players to have access to all the map quickly without having to over build.

3 Likes

Yeah, 19 is excessive.

However, I really wouldn’t want to see a hard limit on these. Rather, make the LOC tainted debuff from them depend on the number of nodes in the network. The more nodes, the higher the debuff and/or the longer it lasts.

Or, as others suggested, don’t put any in-game limit on them and let server moderation take care of it. Of course, there are problems with server moderation in general that need to be addressed eventually, but that’s a completely different topic.

That might be true, too. There’s a fresh discussion about that.

2 Likes

Oh I don’t know. I think with enough creativity you can make them hazardous on a PvE server as well :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t even see why they should exist on exile lands with obelisks, and infact why not just implement static points in siptah.

Loot hopping is going to make big clans even more impossible to raid (bestial escape is at least one place, and map room is large also obelisk exposed) once they portal and destroy teleport you then have 18 stones to guess on, hope none are trap bases with spikes explosive traps and bombs or you lose a gearset and possibly bombs each time.

feels like its a feature that is once again “cool” but has little thought into how its mechanics effects things.

1 Like

Probably because people kept asking for it ad nauseam? I don’t mind that they added this feature, but it does make me wonder if they thought about the entirely foreseeable consequences of adding it :slight_smile:

At any rate, it’s too late to put that genie back in its bottle. They’re not going to remove it from the game, so the only thing we can do is argue about what, if anything, should be done about it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Personally, I’m going to use 3 at most since I have a main base and 2 outposts. For me, it makes no sense to have more, but I’m also playing solo.

I’m probably going to stick with 1 connection in PVP and 3 in PVE. The reason for only 1 in PVP is because they are in a network and I can’t control access as easily if there are more than one connection. I got the crafting and entrance area along with the storage area elsewhere…adding more to that means more connections that limit the defenses built in the entrance/crafting area unless massive adjustments are made.

I think this should be configurable in the server settings.
After that they could set a fairly low limit to prevent spam. I would probably limit it to 3 per clan as that is enough to cover most of the map in a “per biome” fashion.
However making them configurable also means they would have a chance to experiment and make allowances at first, maybe start off with 5 and gradually reduce them if people aren’t behaving.

1 Like

On officials i think they are not connecting other players stones, i had not crafted one for my own but i used from other players and seens that just their stones was connected. Also i noticed a player that was able to name his locations. I would like to see a limit for it because if someone can abuse the mechanics they will.

I was a bit surprised they did not have a limit, but have not seen any major abuse of them on my server at least.
I actually love them, and rarely use my horse anymore. I currently have three, which is what I thought the limit should be.
The only thing I hate is the flame graphics, it causes major lag when I port to another stone.
2022-10-03 17_40_15-ConanSandbox (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5)

7 Likes

Lucky is your server for having a more health community, here on my server there are a group of trolls that exploit what they can, recently they discovered mass reporting, dupping is they actual ocuppation, and one of them are testing the ilusory avatar sorcery to lure player guarding thralls away from their claim to trap them. I had to put all mine inside the base that had to be a one small block base to not get reported again.

That is why I quit playing PVP in CE, it never ends.

2 Likes

Yeah. Starts to get difficult to use too, with a veritable asteroid belt floating around the platform. Why would anyone need so many? The obelisk network already covers a pretty good area, so the only need for transportory stones is at places that are far from obelisks but that have rare or otherwise hard-to-get resources. And if you plan the placement of those teleporter platforms in advance, you don’t necessarily need a separate portal fo each location.

2 Likes

What? Sloppy planning leads to excessive building? No say it ain’t so.

1 Like

Everyone on our server has their stones inside their bases, or in small buildings. The inherent problems of open stones were quite apparent, and it seems our server took note. I have only seen one player with transport stones in the open, and he only has two.

1 Like

1 clan on the server I play on has tons of huts set up with the teleport pads.
Big bases are not allowed… but this is way worse.

This place able isn’t really useful on official servers… you’re not even allowed to build that much.