Can you please just make followers immune to lava damage?!

I am 100% for making Thralls immune to environmental damage, especially lava.

1 Like

I’ve been whining about this for so long that I’ve given up hope :smiley:

It’s also the reason why I get really pissed off whenever someone says “get rid of 5th enc perk” and follows up with “just use bearers or caravan pets”. Um, no thanks, not while they’re fond of taking lava baths.

4 Likes

I’ve had only one fatal casualty of the lava so far: the purge spawned on the lava and my GENIUS slave rushed to its dead.
If the follower just does what its name is -just follows- it never steps into the lava. Followers seem to move on the same path as you. They literally copy your path and even your speed (if you walk, they walk. If you sprint, they sprint).

Unless they aggro somthing and run away or as it have hapend for me some times that the horse fall thrue ground in my base and ends up in the lava.

You are very lucky then. Followers tend to randomly teleport onto lava while you’re walking or climbing or even standing still

Man if I had lava immune thralls I would place archers on the lava to pelt players to death and laugh.

I have given up on this and use a mod that makes it so my followers have a brain and say omg that is lava I will maybe not walk in that. Not lost one thrall since added said mod. I know not a fix for people who do not use mods but it shows its possible and that well hate to say it but seems Funcom just does not want this in their game so they do not fix it or maybe they can not.

1 Like

The mod might make servers that much more intensive if it is actively in their coding.

Well if its so, they have to teleport some plase safe insted. Or yes immune but unable to do anything ells then dans away the heeat or so.

I like throw thralls in lava… so No to immunity.

And dragging them up to towers flames is abit of hassle…

We got a call/attack/move command now. tell them get hell out of it. XD

You know you can just break their bonds, right? Sure, it’s less exciting than making your thrall go through a dramatic death animation, but I don’t really think we should put aesthetic preferences above gameplay.

Except for the cases when the commands don’t work. Half the time they won’t work on perfectly flat ground with no obstacles, because the pathing algorithm was starved for cycles or just plain dumb. So even if I manage to rescue my thrall before it dies, it’ll either cut short my visit to the volcano or make me waste time force-feeding it until it’s healed up.

On the other hand, the “break bonds” command always works. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I prefer burning them. =3 Whay they get for rolling 40% str stats.

1 Like

Have you tried the Yog shrine? Or does that not work anymore?

Either way it could be nice to have a good coding example to funcom for atleast an option to consider for thrall pathing.

1 Like

Wait. You were able to burn thralls on that altar??

You could place them in Yog pit, and they would die. It stop working for some time… not sure if they fixed it.

My Main Character is Crom, so don’t have access to it. Lava it is!

Thou I often place several and watch them run to World Boss and get 1-2 shot time to time.

I tend to take corpses to press and get bones/blood/crystals etc back from them, So break bonds is really only used rarely for Thralls.

1 Like

Never tryed whit an trall but magage to burn myself on the altar!

2 Likes

Maaaan…my previous character was a Yog-fanatic cannibal. If I knew that… Just imagine the happiness if a slave dies and you either harvest them right and eat their flesh raw/and make purified flesh, or just simply sacrifice them in the pit!

Another spot to kill them is atop black towers, the Flames up there kill everything.

Even you with God mode turned on. XD

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.