Cannot get Virgil?

I have done the Agent Mission many times that shows Virgil as one of the rewards. I have successfully completed it now at least ten times, but I never get him. Is he something special? His dossier just shows as a reward and not any kind of bonus objective.

Thanks.

Dante’s Devil will only award Agent Dossier: Virgil when completed with Outstanding Results. The rightmost rewards of Agent Missions are typically the rewards that require Outstanding Results to obtain.

You can always check out the Agent Network Master Guide for more information on the Agent Network and its intricacies, or look at an Agent or Agent Mission (in this case Dante’s Devil) on TSWDB if you’re uncertain! :>

3 Likes

Send whichever agent has the highest prowess and give them whichever item gives the biggest bonus to prowess because I believe extra stats beyond what’s needed to give 100% success chance increases the likelihood of an outstanding result.

Just basing that on the fact that outstanding results happen way more often on T1 missions rather than any hard data though :v:

Thanks for the replies.

Virgil’s dossier doesn’t show on the rightmost side of the mission (the bonus objectives where you need to align your agent stats to get the bonus) and I have gotten outstanding results twice with that mission.

Since the leftmost side is labeled “Potential Rewards” I had figured it was subject to RNG like the rest of the rewards in SWL was. I just wanted to be sure he didn’t require something from the purchased agent network bags in the online shop or required some prior mission or agent being already in your possession to get.

Will keep giving it a try and hope the RNG Goddess is nice to me on one of my outstanding results then. :smiley:

Thanks again!

The rewards listed at the rightmost side depend on the agent having the right trait(s) - this is irrelevant for this question.

The rewards on the left work as follows:
The leftmost ones you always get if the agent get a Succesful or Outstanding result.
The rightmost reward in this list (if more than one potential reward is listed) can only be obtained if you get an Outstanding result.
Since Agent Dossiers just about always show up last in the list of potential rewards, this means they are only obtained if you get an Outstanding result.

It is random if you get an Outstanding result, but do note that some agents have an increased chance of getting an outstanding result if their traits match those if the mission.

1 Like

If this is true, then you should check you don’t already have Virgil’s dossier in your bags somewhere.