Cannot subscribe, in need of some help

Hey everyone,
I’ve been here before, but do not recall my username. No matter, since this is an entirely new account.

So I have an issue: I created a new Steam account when I lost access to another game, so SWL was the only game I had (until I bought another, very small game, to test to see if my Steam account had limitations). I’m attempting to subscribe, but I keep being told that my account is limited to a certain number of purchases per day.

I’m assuming that this number is ‘zero’ I got this error at 00:03am also. Obviously, I purchased nothing.

This is a Funcom problem, NOT a steam problem. How do I know? Because when I tried to purchase Aurum, I was able to get a ‘Buy’ popup window to deduct the funds from my Steam wallet. I closed the Aurum window without purchasing anything, try to open the window back up? Same error about Account being limited.

Submitting a petition does nothing. I’ve been waiting for a response since last evening.

I miss the days where we could chat with Game Masters via live-chat. Not having that feature is not only a massive blow, but also insulting.

1 Like

Hi Doiev, I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble subscribing to paid patronage. For more information on why Live Chat is no longer supported, please be sure to review the following announcement: Funcom Customer Service will no longer support Live Chat

Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide direct assistance with account or billing issues like this over the forums, so you’ll need to wait for a reply to your in-game petition. We are currently experiencing longer wait times than usual due to heavy support traffic, but our support team is working as swiftly as they can to make sure everyone’s petitions are answered and addressed.

If you still haven’t heard back from a GM this time tomorrow, please feel free to DM me your character name and I’ll be happy to check the petition’s status for you.

Thank you.

Ah, that’s fair. I hope you guys don’t think I’m a troll or anything, nothing could be further from the truth. Just want to support ya.

Also:

Question about Patron Status - Is it only valid for the character you bought the Status for? Or does it apply to the entire account? Would subsequent characters get the same perks? (Runescape comes to mind, haha)

Patron status is for your entire account, so if you have more than one character, all characters will receive the benefits.

The only exception to this is the daily cache key, as it’s tied to your daily login reward. The daily login reward can only be claimed once per account per day, so only one character will be able to redeem the cache key.

1 Like

So it’s been almost 24 hours and yet no activity.

Please check the status of my petition? I do not know how to DM on here.

You can DM me by clicking on my name and clicking the “Message” button. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh man, I feel like such a newb, but I can’t even locate that. The Message feature isn’t there, do you think it’s because I’m still very new?

I think I’ll wait 2 hours and try again, maybe I have to be here 24 hours.

Okay, it’s been 24 hours since I’ve joined, and not only can I not DM anyone, I also do not have any notice about my Petition.

I’ll message you directly.