Can't place benches, fish traps, houses etc, etc

Game mode: Online private | Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

We can not place buildings or, well, anything

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Try and place a Fish Trap in water. Get the incredible red X and a statement you have to place the Fish Trap in water?

If I try and scroll it up I get: Not enough contact with ground. (eerh what?)
    And if I try and scroll it down I get: Overlapping with another object or terrain.
    2.Try and place almost anything will result in the: Overlapping with another object or terrain. Yea, it’s called grass. GRASS! (Or perhaps undergrowth in some places, but you get the general idea.)
2 Likes

I am also getting the same issue with fish traps. So frustrating.

Hey @Kytampe

Being unable to place any building piece or placeable seems to be an issue with mods. Do you have any mods installed in your private server?

1 Like

I’m on an official server and I am having the same problem.

I get “must be placed in water” a LOT on official server. I see other people’s fish traps in rivers, but when I try to put mine down the game won’t let me. I have to go to noob river and get in waist deep to place traps.

There’s a few issues discussed here, so for the sake of clarification. The issue you’re experiencing is only with fishtraps, or with ALL building pieces and placeables?

1 Like

If it is only fish traps that are the problem, there may be a workaround that helps until Funcom have time to look at the issue again - have you tried placing a build piece (eg foundation) underwater so that you can place the fish trap on top of that?

I found I was able to place them a lot more easily that way, but I think I’ve also seen posts from people that it still wasn’t working for, so it may only be a workaround for some locations? Or maybe they have to be deep enough (the tops of all my traps are fully underwater on top of the building pieces they are on - actually a little deeper than I was aiming for since I now have to swim to access them :wink: ).

Sorry for late reply was out of town working. No, we have no mods at all on the server at this moment. And it’s mostly fishtraps but from time to time we also have problems with foundations.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.