Can't place fence on the wedge foundation

Official server, PC, playing alone.

I built the Great Wall made of stormglass foundation and stormglass wedge foundation. Then I placed fence atop if it, everywhere except one wedge foundation. It says “Building is not allowed here”.

Why? I have no idea. Why everywhere else is allowed and exactly here is not. I tried already destroy this certain wedge foundation, tried destroy whole row under this wedge foundation, replace it again and still can’t place fence on it.

I can only place it here:

Or here:

As you can see, other wedge foundation doesn’t have this problem:

I was designing my base for weeks and now this unknown issue ruins my gameplay. You know how difficult it is to gather resources for this stormglass components playing alone and I just can’t afford myself to destroy and rebuild everything. And this is not the only time I faced such odd issue, every time I played before I have similar issues everywhere: always after you perfectly designed your house there is some piece just doesn’t want to be placed for unknown reasons…

Did anybody face the same issue? How to resolve it?

First two things that comes to my mind are , do you have a neighbour in that direction of your wedge fundation ( can you place anithing else in that direction ? e.g a ceiling going outwards )

are you close to a "no building " area ( be it a village or the edge of the map ) ? ( same as above can you build outwards in that direction ? )

Yea, it seems this is the source of the evil. But anyway borders of this “no building” area are irrational. Why?

1. I’m going to build up, not move on further in X-axis (outwards);
  2. At first, I thought I went too far into the ocean, but according to these screenshots “far” is not the logic of this “no building” zone and I don’t see any boulders, trees, ships, villages or other reasonable collisions.

I really don’t want to destroy half of my creation and hope “no building” zone will be reconsidered by the developers.

I hope this great wall of yours is not blocking any content otherwise it may get you banned.

No, of course not. I hate that kind of guys too)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.