Can't use torch while dragging NPC! Come on!

Hi There

Just a suggestion if any developer reading this.

Why the hell I can’t use torch while dragging NPC?? I can use weapons and stuff but not torch??
Is there a reason for it? Maybe I’m missing something?

1 Like

It has been like that since day one. There’s others that would like a change right hand carry or perhaps a belt attachment for lantern. It does make things difficult.

1 Like

It’s horrible, why can’t just change hand to hold the torch while dragging NPC. Can’t be that difficult??

1 Like

I recently discovered that Thralls will hold torches if equipped to the off hand, it’s not as good as holding the torch yourself (especially when the follower forgets to follow) but it can help.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that. Thx

2 Likes

Didn’t realize that would work. Thanks.

1 Like

Yep, it works. I actually tested it from the point of view of “hey, thrall equipment doesn’t lose durability, did I just come up with an infinite light source?” Turns out, no, I did not. Torches carried by thralls still run their timer normally.

2 Likes

You also can try to get a nightstalker mask at the unnamed city. Then a torch is no more needed.

3 Likes

And ofc find glimmermoon… this axe has a low light that surrounds u . Not much , but it will help indeed

1 Like

Can you please give me more info on this how to get it, I haven’t heard of it. It will let me see in dark? no more torches?? yes please!!!

Maybe use the dagger animation to exchange the torch to the other hand when bindings are being used and back again when drawing a single-handed weapon?

If the wearable light source is still in the pipeline there won’t be any need to change the torches. I’m hoping for something like radium encrusted gauntlets.

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Night-Stalkers_Mask

This headpiece gives nightvision so you also can use two handed weapons at night. But you will need some time to get it…

3 Likes

Does it work better than the night-eye potion? I’ve got stacks of that stuff because I don’t find it as useful as it sounds.

1 Like

Thx buddy

1 Like

I think it works the same way. For me it’s important to see in the dark and can use my warhammer. So a torch is no option for me,
For most cases the nightvision effect is good enough in my opinion.

1 Like

True it is good enough, and when I’m using a bow or two hander I take the potions. I guess I’m still holding on to the initial disappointment that they didn’t make night as clear as day :rofl: thank you for the answer :+1:

1 Like

I mean… what if thrall wakes up, and tugs on you… you end up with a face full of torch. XD

Its a Safety Hazard!

1 Like

And u can always use argossean dust… U eat, u wait a couple of mins and u get night vision

2 Likes

Yes half of the game. There are a lot of ways to see in the dark, potion, dust, mask, weapon, bindings, even your thrall can hold a torch for you. So what is the suggestion and why? Play the game my friend, play the game.

1 Like