Changing stats of DLC items with modding

Hi FC.

When you decided to make it impossible for modders to change stats of DLC items, you made modding way less usefull.

Its no good if doing balancing mods when it doesnt affect DLC items. Please give us the possibility to mod DLC items!

Thank you.

5 Likes

I agree! I don’t use any balacing mod but it’s a non-sense to prevent DLC items to be changed since it’s possible with core items. Do both or do not at all.

1 Like

Just to let the Devs know, what my plan was, and why I need to be able to change stats on DLC items.

We have run a few seasons of Conan on a self-hosted server. We also have played on many others. We do PvP, but the story always ends the same way. From fresh wipe, the server i thriving with lots of players. The community is friendly and fun, and everyone have a blast.

But thats just until the first clan starts raiding. As you all know, explosiv jars are the way to raid. Unfortunately, HP of doors and chest are way to high compared to T3 building blocks. And with the great damage and area effect of jars, breaking in, and breaking chest, leaves the surrounding completely destroyed. This is when the attacked clan gets frustrated, the might rebuild, or more likely, they quit.

They quit because they have to start over from scratch, to much hassle. Or they might even be attacked again, before the rebuild is done.

Now to counter this, I made a mod (Alter Ego) where Vault, Large chest, Wooden Box, all dors and trapdoors HP are reduced with at factor of 10. Damage output from jars is also reduced with a factor of 10.

This way, it takes the same amount of jars to open a chest or break a door, without completely destroying the surroundings. Thus leaving the attacked clan with a much better chance of rebuilding.

We left the gates out, because we want people use trebuchets to break open the first wall. Now when jars are almost worthless against gates and T3 building pieces, trebuchets are the only efficient way.

Now we can have epic siege wars, fun for both attackers and defenders :slight_smile:

Well we could have, unfortunately we are unable to modify DLC items. So we are not able to reduce HP of DLC doors and trapdoors.

@RobTheSwede this is why I want to change durability of DLC building items :slight_smile: If you can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Ideally, DLC items should be configured to derive stats from base-game items, with a multiplier option for hitpoints, damage, etc. Would also need to have the ability to override armor bonus type etc.

I think the problem lies in if you change a DLC, it could accidentally unlock it for use (as in building and crafting the items) by those that didn’t pay for it. They may not be able to have a flag that says x user does not own DLC, thus cannot use even the modded versions.

Just keeping this thread alive, as I really want this :slight_smile:

Maybe Funcom could make us a mod for the DLC items?

I tried making a mod, where I made a copy of the heavy reinforced door in the itemtable, and changed the ID to match that of the Yamatai Door. After that, I changed the HP of the door. Unfortunately it didnt work.

Any ideas?

Maybe a simple solution like making the DLC items inherit stats from the itemtable!

DLC item ID ranges are reserved for DLCs. See
https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/

Iirc IDs for two items can be the same through table(s) x(,y). Something like that.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.