Character Vanished!

EDIT: Hey folks, good news! I found my character,
she was in an old account that I didn’t remember it existed. lol
However, how can I link this account to my steam account? and buy things from there? Thanks in advance

Hello, I recently logged into my account after several years inactive. I noticed that my favorite character (Nayame) disappeared completely! although in the account there was still 2 old characters including a low level one. I liked my character Nayame and would love to remember and play with her again. :frowning:
I still have some old screenshots in which it shows her level 27, but I do not remember for sure what level I stopped playing!
I have tried contact through email but no answer.
Please, can you guys get my character back?

(sorry if I make some mistakes, english is not my first language.)

Thank you, I await answers.

It is possible your name got changed during a server merge. Do either of the 2 old characters you have match the one you are missing?

You can try to create a ticket in-game (/petition) to inquire about your missing character if the ones you see are not the correct character. If the character is indeed truly deleted somehow, there probably isn’t any Funcom could do after all this time, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Be aware Customer Support wait times are rather high lately. The email support system may take 2+weeks to respond to you.

Speaking of server merges, if the character was on a now closed server it could be in limbo waiting for you to transfer it to an active one.

No they don’t, and I didn’t delete it… but I will try thank you

How do I check that? because I did go to the transfer option on the site, but only says I don’t have credits and don’t let me see if there is any character there at all

Yeah, if you didn’t delete it, and it isn’t sitting there under a different name, that makes me think either the account was hacked at some point and someone else deleted it, or something really odd is going on.

The only time I’m aware Funcom actually deleted characters was way back near launch, when low level abandoned characters were wiped.

As for Server Merges and characters going into Limbo, for most server merges, nothing like that should have happened as far as I can remember. All merged characters would show up like normal. The only exception to this I think could have been the Rage server. I feel like there was some special case for abandoned characters from that server going into some sort of special limbo state, but I don’t remember how that was communicated to the user.

Best bet for you to figure anything out it is to wait for that email support ticket to get a response.

Still no response :confused:

Well… from my understanding wait time could be anywhere to/ over a month.

My memory might fail me here, but I remember that Funcom had a great purge of characters below 21 for inactive accounts. Since your character was above 20, your account might have been hacked during the vulnerability problem back in 2011(?). At any rate, only a petition will help you now; and it takes ages (of Conan) to obtain a reply (and often a useless one).

1 Like

Hey folks, good news! I found my character, she was in an old account that I didn’t remember it existed. lol
However, how can I link this account to my steam account? and buy things from there? Thanks in advance

Short answer is you can’t. There is no option to move characters between accounts.

I didn’t ask that, I mean can I link that account to my STEAM account?

Your account isn’t bound to your path where you had installed Age of Conan.

AoC is f2p so just download AoC from steam and you can log in on your account(s) as usual.

You are lucky. I can not find all my Characters. And I had only 2 accounts 1 froob one payed. Lost Advy 220, NT 220, ENF, Agent, Fixa all over 100.
Chars from froob account are ok and they are lvl 1-55 but on the pay account is blanck.