City builder stuff

While eating a food for character is instant action, invisible to other around, with many items with same effect, not gonna happen.

What I intended with this post was more of a filler items to put some thralls on and what not but also it would be nice to make a admin city that I can make safe for players no matter the server setings

2 Likes

I do want better admin tool to bust up player builds that they abandon

I just wonder what you guys call a city?
I suspect you mean something buildable, where members of other clans can interact with? There are no such things other than map rooms and water source, and those are hardly enough to be a city.
IRL cities were built because humans need safe place to exchange goods and shelter from dangers. There are no dangers in this game individual base canā€™t protect you from and there is no need to barter on regular basis.
I would love to know about game where both wilderness PVE and real cities existed, but this is not Conan Exiles as it is now. There is hardly a PVE part of equation now, since only way environmnet endangers player is Purge, and it is nearly harmless.

1 Like

That is basically what a Social Merchant Pippi Thespian does. But, this would make it accessible to everyone not just people on a modded server on PC which would be a good thing.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know what this merchant does, but a single merchant is not enough to make whatever building into city. City is environment in itā€™s own, like the wilderness, but opposing it.
We do have almost static and easy to bleach away wilderness, so unless they will add tons of citylife fit for ā€œWoD onlineā€ or implement social stats for characters, the city will be salesmanā€™s tent with walls around.

Maybe developers could add characters with those stats around the map and we could go venture out and look for them to capture them and bring them to our cities. Make some of these NPC harder to find, or make unique ones to capture in certain areas.

Peasants, plebs, gatekeepers, animal feeders, innkeepers, bards you name it :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe we could convert certain NPC to noblesā€¦possibly if player would give a certain required amount of gold to an NPC to be able to convert it into a nobleā€¦ idk could be interesting

Maybe add city cleaners, stable cleaners? To more people in your city the more garbage? lol And make the brooms degradable so it would need replacement that player would craft to resupply. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I like a lost of this idea

A lot of what I am talking about is giveing admins immortal items and placeables so a player city can be made so there is a place where players can meet and do role play or trades ECT.

1 Like

Simple merchant thralls would be easy enough, perhaps make people have to go out and capture some of the current merchants and break them. would add a bit to the economy, though also might take away from the conan theme a little as well, not that the game actually really has that feel to start with other then some lore drops.

I would love a lot more depth to the thrall system and what thralls can be used for and do, but that would take a lot more coding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.