Cloth and Hair Physics and my Solution (reproducible!)

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online private | Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

First and foremost: Sorry for my bad english, normally i don’t even speak english.

[Describe the bug here]

I think everybody knows the bug. Hair and clothes stick to your char, you get annoyed like hell and loose soon interest in the game (my opinion). It’s not like we are playing gothic III :grimacing:

BUT(T)! I found finally a solution, which really works for me.
Get the mod CharEditLite from steam.
I know for sure, the bug occurs, if you change your char height too much, and only the height.
What i didn’t know before was, that 50% height from CharEditLite Mirror equals NOT 50 % height from the normal charactercreation menu!!

The standard height from the normal charater creation (50% on the scale) equals 25% from the mod (if you use the mirror).
So, if you change your height with the mirror from the mod to 25%, that’s the standard height from the game.
You can make your char a tiny bit smaller. With the mirror from CharEditLite, physics works for me between 23% up to 27%.

I really tested it very often to make sure, that it works on singleplayer AND on a private server. I didn’t touch character saves (was to scared) or installed some driver (to lazy) but i placed some wheels of pain and deleted them, which was a pain, but that also didn’t worked :tired_face:
I run around different areas, it always worked. I wore different clothes, even some from mods, it always worked. I created a lot of different chars with different height, broke the physics and fixed it again.

What i also found out: The smallest character from the normal creation (which looks like 0 %) equals 12,5% height in the mirror from the mod.
The tallest character from the normal character creation (which looks like 100%) equals 37,5 % if you use the mirror from the mod.

That said, i think it’s natural that some thralls don’t have physics (or they don’t deserve it!). The range, on which physics works is really small.

I really hope, this post does help a tiny little bit and give some players the enjoyment back :blush:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. choose too short or too big char
  2. creat it
  3. your hair and clothes stick forever like student debt
  4. cry
1 Like

Hey @Nekochan

Welcome to our community.
Thanks for the detailed feedback, it’s been relayed to our team so they can look into it.

1 Like

I’m just glad if it helps :blush:

If there is anything more i can do to help, feel free to ask :grin:

:catnobanana:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.