Conan Exiles is becoming a joke in game community

A lot of the lag is client-side rendering, not server side. Our FOB is probably 10k blocks on an official and outside of our immediate area there’s no real issue. Ensure that you have an SSD and a moderate graphic settings. And honestly, find your lowest ping server.

Coming from Rust, there’s a lot of things that are blamed on servers that are client side. There are times where the entire server may lag badly, such as when a large structure despawns due to decay and all the loot bags fall/form; but outside of this a lot of time it’s client side lag as opposed to server issues.

2 Likes

I am having a difficult time with this entire facade Ignasis so please tell me WHAT has actually changed?

You simply took the time to post some of the same offenses that have always been bannable in this game and provided extra detail on others while citing the same excuse for not handling this for years-“Conan Exiles has over a thousand official servers, divided between three platforms (PC, Xbox, PlayStation) and several regions. This comes with the caveat of us not being able to monitor every server all the time, nor have any active admins or Gamemasters.”

At the same time, you removed the player list making it impossible for players to actually provide you with important information for you to actually investigate (like a real static steam id) which some view as a strategic move on your part to rely on more generic ’ lack of Irrefutable, veridic proof and evidence’ replies which takes 10 seconds vs the time to actually investigate these complaints. Certainly frees up more time for Funcom to work on the next moneymaker rather than fix the overwhelming bugs/cheats/hacks/exploits that have run rampant in this game since day one.

Most games that I play do not place ALL the burden on the player reporting, all reports are investigated (they actually take time to pull logs and look into actions) and handled appropriately by those with game authority to do so. Not Funcom, show us COMPLETE ‘irrefutable, veridic proof of evidence’ so we do not have to lift a finger or pull up a log or else you are ignored. Seems like the same ol’ same ol’ Ignasis but I am sure the facade will give comfort to some.

The icing on the cake is that Funcom has not only been placing ALL the burden on players for actions they should be responsible in taking, they also then tie their hands by removing things like the player list making it impossible for the players to GIVE them important information for investigation like the real steam id. Player names, steam names, steam ids can be changed, character and accounts can be deleted, this is where that real static steam id would be helpful with a complaint but of course, Funcom removes that ability making it even more difficult for us to handle ALL the burden of potential enforcement (they wont touch anything without ‘Irrefutable, veridic proof and evidence’) and I find this just mindblowing.

The real question is, WHAT has actually changed in the way complaints are handled Ignasis? Did you hire some extra employees to handle complaints after citing for years that you do not have the ability to monitor all your servers or have active admins or gamemasters to handle? Did you assigned specific people to some of your official servers and actually give them authority to investigate and take action? Will you now actually take 5 minutes to investigate each complaint that doesn’t hand you the exploiter on a silver platter with video evidence of the name and action or will these complaints still get that immediate generic lack of evidence reply so Funcom doesn’t have to invest 5 minutes in actually looking at logs? Do you now have ‘any’ official admins that are able to jump into game when these reports are happening where hackers are running around for hours instant killing and looting people with the ability to stop the actions destroying some of these servers? WHAT have you actually done on your side to improve how complaints are handled as most of us probably agree, the lack of action on Funcom’s part in curbing the exploiters and hackers has been greatly missing since the inception of this game, even with the previous definition of bannable offenses.

I am pretty sure I already know the answer to my questions above, you simply reposted and updated some rules to pacify some of your players into thinking something is actually changing with they way you handle exploiters and cheaters when in fact, no actual change in how complaints are handled was implemented and to me, this is nothing more than a facade.

And while I am taking the time to reply…How about Battle-eye Funcom, why not take the time to sit down and revise this so that it actually works with your game as it certainly does not seem to be integrated correctly with Conan Exiles. I have heard this has been ‘in the works’ for years, is it coming soon? Have you looked into other anti-cheat programs that might actually work? :wink:

While I am confident we might now get a horse with a racist name removed from the game after enough reports are generated (little effort to give false sense of progress), I am also fairly confident that the exploiters and hackers will still be doing their thing and our ‘irrefutable evidence’ will still be lacking on 9 out of 10 attempts at reporting, especially without that player list and a real id. Everyone knows that Funcom will not lift a finger to investigate further as the burden is, and always has been, on US which is why we are sitting where we are with exploits and hacks being the norm rather than the exception on most official servers.

The only proof that will likely be given a glance by Funcom on exploits and hackers will be video showing character names and the exploit/ hack happening (not always easy to capture both) and hopefully the character and/or family share account isn’t deleted (will be by those experienced) as I doubt Funcom will lift a finger to link a deleted account to an actual account and take action. They will just continue citing the lack of admins on official and keep pressing that automated ‘lack of Irrefutable, veridic proof and evidence’ reply button.

I see no real actual promise of curtailing the exploiting and hacking with the ‘official server conduct’ posting as I see zero mention of how complaints will be handled differently than they have been in the past and we can certainly see how well this (Funcom’s handling of exploit/hack complaints) has actually been working by just logging into official servers.

I saw some posts about people being scared of Funcom now? Just do not use racist names for your character or horse or block off entire game content and you will be just fine as Funcom taking action on something like this is likely greater now (easy no work investigating) and it will give everyone that false sense of security of Funcom actually caring and taking action on the bigger stuff.

Now Igansis, if you have indeed actually made a change to HOW the complaints of exploiting and hacking are handled differently than the past (which most of us agree is a joke - even the exploiters), please post this information because until then, simply listing offenses that have always been bannable and adding/detailing a few others is just fluff if the lack of effort on Funcom’s part to invest the time in actually investigating remains at the same irresponsible level it always has been.

6 Likes

@Ignasis @Hugo Maybe add report bouton for players/clans who break server rules same at server report bouton.

If 1 toxic team/player has been reported 10+ times on the server it can be automaticaly sent alert to you and you can directly investigate it and punish them.

1 Like

How would you prevent abuse?

3 Likes

It has been an hour + , just saying.

3 Likes

Look again. The title of this thread really speaks words.

A ok.

Nice.

Hope that Conan doesn’t go away, I will play this untill I die.

3 Likes

This thread is still going? Wow. Anyways well said.

I dont know why people want to compare it to the rest of the game genre because this game is in its own niche thanks to the lore.

I would go far to say one of the best made survival games in the last few years.

I would never railroad myself onto official servers.

The fact that the community is modding the game and running there own servers is a good sign.

2 Likes

Well, I will admit I have not read through all the hundreds of responses in this thread. But I have been following it for a little while and I feel it’s time to chime in.

I agree with you Akomo, that Conan is one of the best made survival games in the last few years. Despite problems on official servers there is a rich community that loves and supports this game. It definitely has its fair share of problems, what game doesn’t. But one of the great things about this is that after more than two years Funcom is still very actively making changes and improvements to the game. Big changes. Some of these changes you may agree with, some of them you may not. But they are working hard on the game and listening to its players.

I definitely understand people’s frustrations with certain things, I have felt it too. But I have discussed and argued with some very passionate people in this community. Passion is what shines through. Some people may look at Conan and think it is becoming a joke, I can’t speak for the larger gaming community on this one. But, I know a lot of people, myself included, that keep coming back to this game because we love it and want to see it reach its highest potential.

You take the good with the bad sometimes. I for one am glad funcom is taking steps to clean up official servers. It isn’t going to be perfect, it’s not going to be instant. That’s life. But stating official rules, investigating infractions, big improvements coming to combat undermeshing (from my understanding all undermeshing) These are real positive changes. Is Conan a joke, I don’t think so. If anything I think it is underrated. I suppose time will tell. If Funcom can continue to improve the game and offer new content as they have been, I for one will be playing this game for likely years to come.

3 Likes

This game will be just another caretaker like everything out there, i agree that cheaters should be taken care of although i disagree that by building in the world you can get banned, this game stands out for its freedom and for being barbaric, this alone should set the stance for the game, what’s the problem if someone blocks another through building? Its an ancient war tactic used by the romans, there are ways you can build to not get blocked and for resources i even find the freedom to own them quite unprecedented and an interesting experience, but if for resources you think its taking it too far just make it a no build zone around the major resources and thats that

3 Likes

The last decade-2010- present, gaming companies have improved in their response to communities who play the games, compared to the decade before-2000-2010 where suits thought they knew best and failed hard.

I dont think ive been so active with game like i have been with this one from a community standpoint.

IF i want to see changes done correctly and know the game inside and out, then as a player , I need to pay attention to the players and the devs.

This is the only game that will kick my ■■■ at cap if im not paying attention or if I make a mistake.

That goes a long way with me.

2 Likes

PVP - Official

Believe it or not, but I just played Conan this week. First time again after the mount update. .
Guess what, I’m a hardcore PVP player and the game is still broken for PvP.

Not speaking of the bugs what I experienced in the meantime, new ones too.

I just really don’t get the movement, I played Conan for more then a year and the movement was lovely and smooth (not in animation, but control). Now it’s still not OK (after many updates), if the developers played their own game like it should (no mods etc) and clan wars. You can only conclude 1 thing:
*** Skill based fighting is gone, where you could win a battle 1 vs 5, is now gone. Whoever hits first, wins. 1 vs 2, you are done. THIS IS VERY CRITICAL! ***

Why: If you want players to join a new server, there has to be a “skill gap” and not a “invested time gap”. Not interesting to play anymore because it’s more “resource vs resource” instead of “Clan/players vs Clan/players”, it’s to bad because the building element is great, but now you just walk around the map and if clans/players build much you just leave, there is no room for fighting skills. Why would I spent time to build up again (cost a month), hard finding new players and the bugs and animation are all subjects for motivation killers, for example the Pick-Axe animation is like I had a stroke the day before and losing fighting clans because you are outnumbered when starting in the first place (besides the survival mode itself). The bright side if this, skills in running away is becoming better.

I was attracted to multiplayer survival with a competitive touch, loved Conan but this ain’t working for me anymore and most oldskool hardcore players are gone, for example moved to the game “Last Oasis” with obviously good reasons in my opinion (same as the title).

Hope the PvP today in Conan is nothing compared to what is coming for Dune.
But I have to force myself to lower the expectations, especially with these devs, so it’s just an other survival game and if you have bugs, your problem. Core mechanic changes like movement, no problem… We as devs just want to adjust this core system movement because it’s more important that the content made out of this should look smooth… :clown_face:

Hope Tencent Games forces the focus making better games, money no problem anymore.

3 Likes

Funny thing, when Romans built their fortifications, there were also siege machines that could destroy them. On PVE(-C) servers, you don’t have that. So that right there is one of the problems.

But even on PVP servers, you have to keep in mind that this is a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Being a Gaul conquered by the Roman empire wasn’t much fun, was it?

Hit the nail on the head there.

2 Likes

yes he went to the server where i play with my friends, the only server we play, the only 60 level character we have and starting insult us, we only had 3 bases meanwhile Savage Sword has 16 massive bases around map. THen they starting sending false tickets to funcom. Is a grieffer

Whaaat…TF

We’ll proceed to close the thread as inevitably has derailed into some topics not allowed in our forums.
Please remember to review both our forum guidelines and server rules:

4 Likes