Conan Exiles Offline Mode in Singleplayer? 2023

Can you play Conan Exiles in offline mode? or has Singleplayer been an always-online? I’ve looked on the steam community and other discussions dating from 2021 to 2022, that there are ways to have the game playable offline.

I’ve tried the workaround for running the app where the game is located (/steamapps/…/Binaries/Win64) to skip the launcher and all, but it won’t let me even go through the “continue” or “new game” in the Singleplayer Tab. It’s always “failed to login”. I’ve already tried the usual enable offline mode on Steam and running the game from there and surely enough it doesn’t work.

Sorry for asking this question since this is frequently asked in this forum or on steam. But the answers aren’t conclusive, especially others having success on doing it, and others saying the offline function was removed.

1 Like

I’ve gotten game to run, by yanking Ethernet cord out. (or simply losing internet that week…) And it was playable.

Unlike MHR-SB… -_-’

That was about month ago… so Can’t speak for CE now after patches.

The recent patch notes mention that “setting Steam to offline mode should not block you from accessing DLC you own”, implying that offline mode should be available. Haven’t tested it, though.

I haven’t played since this update, but prior that, it worked. Simply put steam offline, and was good to go. Yes, the ‘failed to login’ stupidity came up, but I pressed OK, and that’s it. Challenges and bazaar weren’t available, but I completed the challenges, and I don’t really care about bazaar much.

The biggest problem is that message. Why? I directly chose offline mode single player. Where does it want to connect to? The saves and everything is on the same computer… (not to mention the incompetency to just get rid off the respawn timer when you die and the disconnecting when you exit , and the menu that does not stop the game in OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER…)

An other problem I had is the launcher was not be able to run the game even online, so I had to start Steam, then go into the game’s folder, and launch the game from there. I was never been able to launch the game directly from its .exe.

So it worked to play offline, it should work now too. Just click OK when that message pops up. Or you can not proceed? It pops up again?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.