Consider the following: Thrall Patrols

I dream of a day when you can build a village in conan and the thralls will wander around and interact with things, bringing life to your builds. A pipe dream maybe, but a valid dream regardless.

But until that day, I had an idea: Thrall Patrols.
Thralls would have another command where you give them a start point and an end point, and they would walk back and forth between both points. You could adjust multiple things about said patrol, for example how long a thrall would pause at the start/end point before continuing their patrol. If an obstacle is placed in their path, they’d find a simple route around it. Naturally, a thralls start/end point could not be placed on or near player structures, as well as forbidden building places like the unnamed city.

Share your thoughts.

4 Likes

If patrol points could only be set within a player/clan’s build claim, that would avoid the danger of it being used as a ‘passive invasion’ tactic or blocking off important structures, so that shouldn’t necessarily be a problem. The basis sort of already exists in the code - we can already order them to ‘move’ to a specified point, so if there was a way to set a few (or at least two) such points (and get them to walk between them instead of scurrying), that might form the groundwork for such a system.

I like it :slight_smile: I’d love to see such a thing in the game (ideally with potential for more than two ‘waypoints’ to allow more complex routes), and your suggestion of setting a pause time at each end (or waypoint) would also be really cool - anything that gives our bases more life is great by me, and this seems like it would be a big boost in that area. That said, I suspect the objection (as always) may be server load - if servers had to memorise and keep replaying routes for (potentially hundreds) of thralls across the server, I can imagine that might be an issue. But if there is a way to do it, I’d certainly love to see it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this idea as well; setting waypoints and increase the interaction with NPCs.
The fact is that role-playing, building and survival is a central element;
and as soon as you are mid-game you start investing time into your base and your followers;
making them more “smart” and the game a tad more “interactive” (it already is great! dont get me wrong) would add a lot! i could even consider giving Thralls complete packages of behavior (a list of emotes and actions over a timeline to perform) to simulate your base like a settlement; so players can create their world interactively and immerse themselves and enjoy a custom user experience;
that serves everyone right (not pre-build cities but rather being able to create settlements and behavior yourself) - and if you compare development investment, it should be lean and easier as well.

I hope thats a good addition to your idea, but basically it was already a great improvement in my humble opinion.

Have fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.