So i have been thinking for awhile

Thralls on patrol so it could bring some more protective efficiency and some more lively hood in your village or castle? Any thoughts?

Thank you for reading

6 Likes

I like the idea of thralls able to patrol, and the current server I’m on would actually benefit from it.

But it would need to be limited on most servers because having 50 thralls per clan moving around 24/7 would cause many servers to lag behind or even crash.

2 Likes

Thralls are as dumb as they can get and the performance sucks. What makes you believe this would work well?

1 Like

It would definitely be a cool concept but yeah, given the obvious limitations of the current game, it’s hard to imagine how this would work and not done every server to its knees.

1 Like

In a perfect world, this idea would be awesome.

Sadly, I just don’t think thralls are up to the task.

2 Likes

I understand but if you think about it on just npc camps they do patrol so why wouldnt they be able to patrol where we would put em!

1 Like

They don’t all patrol though. If you could set one to patrol, maybe (they are a bit different programmatically when converted to a thrall) but if the intent is to let your hoard wander all over your landclaim, that’s a different thing entirely.

1 Like

It is bad enough trying to get a thrall to follow you most of the time so giving every thrall a patrol route would be a nightmare.

Also i think that accidents could occur. Such as accidentally leaving a thrall patrolling outside someone else’s base. This would most likely result in a ban and we need more players not less so that would not be good.

I do like the idea though, but just don’t think that it would work right now.

Could set them to wander a little, like the house cats? Aimless wandering would make sense for the idiots.

2 Likes

Thralls have attack range but it’s radius. There should be a special building piece like castle walls to make them walk side to it. So every “50m” you could place another. Yet an obstacle would make it walk infinite but stay in the same position without going front or rear. Then again, because their attack range is radius, to the ending point something that’s really near them wont agro them. So the patrol would have serious blind spots making it clearly decorative.
Personally i don’t agree on making thralls walls. For this archers exist and expendable pets like spiders.
But because i am a dreamer, i support the idea.

1 Like

New door guard hooks for your placeable thralls. 2 per door, on the facing side of the door. Yes that is 2 fighters per door/block. Have tested, is redunkules.

2 Likes