Constant 100% thirst bug is back

Game mode: [ Select one: (Online official | Online private | Single-player | Co-op)]
Single player
Type of issue: [ Select one: Crash | Bug | Performance | Other ]
bug
Server type: [ Select one: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE ]
Single player so…pve?
Region: [ Please enter your server region ]
US west
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: Yes | No ]
yes and no (tried with mods enabled and disabled)
Edition: [ Select one: Steam | Microsoft Store ] (If you use Game Pass, please indicate that here too)

Steam

Bug Description:

Drinking water to 100% thirst completion keeps thirst at 100% from that point forward with no effort - using admin controls to drop thirst under 100% will drop the green indicator bubble, but the % will still show 100%, and thirst counter will not decrease

Expected Behavior:

thirst counter will decrease slowly over time

Installed Mods:

fashionist 4.2.2
100 level no attribute (v 1.21)
char edit lite 1.0.6
RA character customization (v 3.0?)

Steps to Reproduce:

drink any source of water to 100%. Have not tried with foods that also increase thirst level.

############################################################################
so, this is a familiar bug, with reports going back at least 3 years - I haven’t had an issue with it until recently - I’ll go over my mods again and see if maybe something hasn’t updated, but so far, seems to affect both isle of siptah and exiled lands with and without mods - I’ve also verified files through steam, and at one point even deleted all my existing save data without mods and started over fresh - hope someone can take a look at this…again…and/or provide me with a new workaround, because it’s really distracting when basic survival mechanics don’t work

For what i can tell, it’s linked to a specific DB (save-game). Have this with an older save with one of my character. But launching a new game fix it. So definitevely due to some save-issues.

Adding and remowing mods may not help. For me it’s happened also in one of my test-saves where i tried lot stuff. :wink:

thanks for your input - seeing as how this started with brand new games that I started, I’m skeptical that starting a new save will help, but I’ll give it a shot - I love Exiles/Siptah, but playing with the survival mechanic is a fundamental aspect of the fun for me - plus, having one key feature of the game that just doesn’t work bugs the crap outta me
thanks again - cross your fingers for me…don’t bother praying to crom though - the hell with him!

1 Like

so, just a followup to this with more information. In an attempt to find at least some game effort that would not have the thirst bug, I logged into a server to play - and turns out, the 100% thirst bug was there. So, somehow, the 100% thirst bug can technically be turned into an exploit.
Now, I did try this on a server without battleye, so now I’m installing battleye, in an attempt to see if battleye will “fix” the bug by flagging it as a cheat or some such

here’s hoping

also, my single player thirst bug may also be related to the not-appearing wildlife bug, as logging into this server showed that my chosen starting point was also suffering from the no wildlife bug. So, we’ll see how that goes

I’ve now entirely uninstalled and reinstalled CE as well as unsubbed from my mods list in steam to prevent it from even loading them into the mod list (even though I had them not active during previous attempts), in addition to starting at least a half dozen new games on both Exiled lands AND Siptah, all with the same bug

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.