Constant crashes, 3 to 4 a day in a matter of 4 hours

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Crash]
Region: [US]

I have an Xbox One S that is only a month old, with an external fan to keep it cool and have been playing Conan for about 2 to 3 weeks. I crash every hour or so if not more. It occurs at random times at random places and no noticeable pattern. It is not the normal initial load in crash either as that I don’t seem to get. I have tried the loading single player first thing, didn’t fix it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Cleared my cache and installed the game on an external HDD hard drive and still problem persists. I have crashed as many as 9 times in a day with an average of 3 to 4 in a night. This game is unplayable like this.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
1.Play online and just walk around, eventually at a random time it crashes.

2 Likes

It crashes like this on the XB1 X as well, it just takes longer (~3 hours in my experience), probably because the X has more memory (the X has 12 GB vs. the S with 8 GB). Basically, it looks like CE is leaking memory like a sieve and eventually it exhausts the available memory, an exception is thrown and back to the dashboard you go.

Fortunately I haven’t experienced data loss when this happens, but it is annoying. Hopefully Funcom gets this fixed; theoretically it’s in the works, but they don’t talk a lot about what’s going with their console builds.

2 Likes

It’s more than annoying. Was at the volcano two days ago, game crashes and I keep walking in to the lava. Boot back up and dead with all my gear gone. Sucks constantly wondering when the next crash will come and hoping it won’t kill me.

2 Likes

Hi @bigpappa38, welcome to the forums.

There are a few issues that have persisted after the previous patch which are responsible for out-of-memory crashes, some of which will be addressed in the upcoming patch which should be released soon, apologies for the frustration this has caused.

4 Likes

Is there a time frame on a fix? This crashing stuff is ridiculous how bad it is.

Seems your out-of-memory crash issues have been around for a few years. There are posts from a year or two ago. So, why would we believe your suddenly going got fix this?

1 Like

It’s likely that older crashes have been addressed and we’re dealing with new ones that stem from different sources, as the game has been through many changes and reworks since then.
Our development team gets hold of data from crash reports to determine those which are happening more frequently and prioritize them.

No time frame at this time, unfortunately, we’ll be sure to share more information as we get it.

2 Likes

seeing this flagged, makes me a sad panda…

Imo…The FC flagger kids, are incapable of seeing anything from any other pov, but their own.

Posts contain opinions and feelings. By hidding the feelings and opinions of posts, the flag kids are censoring us. Our opinions and feelings are ignored, so some kids can express their opinions and feelings that are not inline with ours. The opinion and feeling that everything not pro-FC should be hidden, is the opinion and feeling of the flag kids. There needs to be a system to report unnecessary flagging, then maybe the flag kids would be hidden, and have their honest opinions and feelings censored. Why is your opinion hidden by their opinion? Dosent seem legitimate to me. One sided poppycock.

Volcano, green wall, any body of water, every npc, other players, palisades…etc. There is a plethora of things that can kill you, possibly permanently losing carried items, AFTER you are dashboarded! Been this way for as long as i have played. Been posts about it, asking for change, since i joined the forum. Meh…right FC?

So tired of this game. Crashing every 30 to 40 minutes now. Easily the worst coded game I have ever played and that sucks because it is a lot of fun. Never should have spent the money on it and no one should ever buy this game.

How about Funcom give me a code for a free download on Steam since that platform actually gets hotfixes and seems to work better?

1 Like

I filed a complaint with Xbox and will continue to do so until Funcom stops neglecting non-PC versions of the game. I encourage everyone to file complaints with Xbox.

Good luck i tried that one too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.