Constant crashing and freezing

I can’t remember by server name but I thought I write on forum again to see if there was a solution to my problem. I play on PS4 and I built a large base on creative, now I am constantly crashing. I have lost count how many times I have froze up and crash while just trying to move around my base and now when I am far away from it. Is there any thing I should avoid doing to at least play for 10 min without it crashing because at this point it’s unplayable

2 Likes

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you share more information, please?

• Is your console on a wired or wireless connection?

• Do you have similar issues playing Conan Exiles in single-player mode?

• Do you experience similar issues playing other PS4 games online?

Please ensure that your console is on a wired connection to improve overall stability. You may also try to disable Boost mode on your PS4 and change the resolution to 720p in the video output settings.

If possible, consider installing the game to an external HDD/SSD as it helps with loading times and stutters as well.

1 Like

Me and two of my friends all play on ps5 and ever since 3.0 we are constantly crashing have graphics problems with the land, the animals, the thralls and our own characters, it’s not fun to play but more of a pain.
We play isle of siptah on a private g-portal server but the same graphics problems happens in single player and two of us has the best internet you can get and we all have wired connection.
We have also tried setting all graphics and system settings down in the hope that it would run better but nothing works
Conan exiles is the only PS game we have this problem with and it all started after 3.0

Unfortunately we don’t really play at the moment because the game experience is so bad.
We are just waiting for an update that will fix the problems

3 Likes

1 Like

This happens with official servers as well. It’s occurring for everyone I know actually. Any time a base gets “too detailed” or “too large,” it causes graphical errors and textures pop in and out. The more it happens, it culminates in another crash. Sad thing is, the definition of “too detailed” or “too large” is a significantly lower threshold since 3.0. Even a smaller base with mix-n-match building sets can start to cause problems. It may not crash right away, but could eventually after exploring the map and returning to base. This also compounds greatly if you’re using sorcery or transportory stones.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for the additional information. Our team will continue to investigate the ongoing issues with missing textures and crashes on consoles.

Apologies for the inconvenience. We wish you a good week!

3 Likes

Yeah, external HDD only makes it worse. I had to upgrade my PS4 with an internal SSD just to be able to play. I still have crash, low fps and rendering issues so external is completely off the table.

1 Like

My experience in the PS5 exactly. It’s VERY annoying.

1 Like

meanwhile on the PS4…
oh sweet, a perfectly good bench.

1 Like

I can’t even imagine, @Damon . I still have it, but I’m afraid to even try. It would probably take flight and leave through the window…

1 Like

We play on ps5, my dad my brother and I, when ever we try to cast a spell it will freeze all 3 of our playstation 5, or just at random times while pvping nothing like a game crash while pvping…100% not my internet, we run businesses internet with download speed of 800mpbs and 50 to 70 upload. Never had the problem with this before sorcery update. Problem with this game is that it was made for pc and teansferd to console…my other brother plays on PC and dont have a problem. Very little console support on this game. I love this game. What a shame. Can we get a version before you screwed it up for the consoles…

3 Likes

Can Confirm Age of Sorcery has made the game nearly unplayable!

3 Likes

Yep. I never used to lag so much or crash. Now I can’t even build a small base without it not loading in everytime I return, I can’t use the sorcery because it causes a crash and teleporting using the sorcery teleporter causes a freeze. They keep releasing all these new placeables but you can’t even decorate bases anymore because the game won’t be playable lol. I’m on ps5 as well. My friends on PS4 blue screen multiple times a day

2 Likes

We NEED More Stability Patches not another Battle Pass!
Why spend Money on a Game you, can’t really even Play?!
Funcom’s “LIKELY” on the way to Bankruptcy again.

2 Likes

I have been logging into Official PVE Server 3500 for the past few weeks.

I have been crashing and freezing with some frequency.

Per guidance I have received from Forum Staff, I submit a ticket via the Request Help option in the game - Official Server Performance, ever time the game crashes or freezes.

I am also providing detailed messages, via the Report error feature, when the PlayStation actually crashes, to Sony.

I am using a standard PS4
Hardwired High Speed Connection.

2 Likes

I couldnt image playing on a ps4, playing on ps5 is a nightmare so i can only imagine how bad it is for ps4…so sad. Use to be a great game

2 Likes

Its good to see many have comment but also sad to hear that everyone is having the same issues. I feel as though the stability of the game is getting worse esp when you mount up the rendering time of base, thralls and all inside your base and its surroundings. Notably when you are building in creative mode it becomes very unstable and is likely to freeze or crash if you build too large to fast or near encampments. I think at this point we can all agree that we would much prefer a fix to many of these problems rather than new content being added into game.

4 Likes

I’m playing(ps5) on a private server with a lot of ps4 players who consistently experience blue screens and crashes, especially around bases(even the simpler ones); it’s been ongoing and getting progressively worse since the Age of Sorcery update. I find that all the placeables from the battle pass and bazaar worsen crashing(with blue screen) and rendering. I really hope for my fellow PS4 players that you’ll be working towards fixing these performance issues.

2 Likes

Same for me!
Single player PS5 with wired stable connection.
I’m sorry to say but actually I thon k it’s the Unreal 4 engine that is no longer able to handle the huge amount of data. Ureal Engine is not designed for heavy interaction with environment like the Frostbite engine. The game desperatly needs an ENGINE upgrade - the amount of data will massivly increase with the battlepass thus the problems will increase as well.
But … alas … I’m not a programmer and probably know sheit. Just thinking.

2 Likes

Well thank god I didnt drop a grand on a PS5 hoping it would fix this problem. Let me know if this happens to anybody else, but my Tinkers Bench is the worst. Everytime I get close to it where it thinks it might have to give me the quick menu without opening the bench it lags “hard” then 1 in 4 to 5 times freezes game requiring a restart. But not only this. I have two storage boxes on top of my heat-efficient furnace to save room from that monstrosity, does it on that also. To name a few. Tinkers the worst.