Create Singeplayer Mode where you can't use Admin mode

Instead of putting the optional make me admin/admin panel in single player mode, i want the game to have separate mode like Minecraft creative mode where you can turn on admin panel or survival mode where you can’t use cheat or mod the server no matter what the circumstances like in Official server.

Idk just for bragging right i guess or real solid proof that you play the game the way it is intended without modding the rule, there is that distinctive feeling between not using cheat when you are able to and not using cheat because you can’t.

Like achievement supposed to feel rewarding but in this game you feel like you are wasting time doing it without cheat since you can just do it under a hour with admin panel without any differences in result.

1 Like

That’s why official pve servers exist my friend . Yet , I believe this option is missing, too , but I thank god we have official servers .

3 Likes

Create a solo private server using the dedicated server app. Then set the admin password to something you can never figure out.

5 Likes

Set the Password to:

kalsjdhföashöiihjrölgkhasödlkgldsöfgölisdhfgihoghöoerihöadflökasdölfkhasöldfkhlöaskdhfölashkdfölashdfökljhsadöklfjhasdjfhöasjdhfklasjdhfkashdökfjharuthakuröaUGWEFJSADFKA.

That should work. Ö_Ö

3 Likes

Or an even easier solution- Don’t push the ‘make me admin’ button when you launch a session.

13 Likes

That’s kind of my thought on the subject as well. But a growing number of people seem to lack such self control these days, as this is not the first time I’ve seen requests similar to this both here and elsewhere. I suppose it’s more about removing temptation. If the option just isn’t there, you won’t be tempted to use it.

Honestly they’d be better served in the long run just learning to not give in. But I do understand the motive behind the request.

2 Likes

I think O.P speach is more in the case of "even if I manage to self control and not use the admin , how do I prove to my friends/the world I dind’t use it ? "

4 Likes

If someone needs proof to the contrary then, it’s up to the non believers to find the evidence.

4 Likes

@h3rb1 ,All the opinions are really correct , still I believe that these options cannot replace the original purpose of permadeath . Yet in this game there is not just a final boss to defeat like Ender dragon ,we have a lot and that’s making the cause very difficult .
So it would be very cool to have this pve option , to manage to gather the materials in barbaric mode and remove our bracelet but without dieing at all because if you die , game over . But if you managed to do it then you should take and achievement like MASTER EXILE . I think it will trigger a lot of veterans to try it , especially the pve lovers :wink: .

2 Likes

I like that the most difficult boss to defeat in this game is “me” (my ego). Do I want to attempt the end game after “conquering” the exiles lands? :thinking: it’s a hard decision.

1 Like

@h3rb1 ,Correct , still 2+years ago before I join online servers , before I even learn about the existence of this forum I did it , twice . Once on decadent and once on barbaric mode . I got burned with this game dude , at this time I was lucky I didn’t get divorce papers from my wife :rofl::rofl::rofl: . In every game I play I always try to finish everything in the hardest possible mode there is , some worth it some don’t , still that’s how I enjoy games :wink: .

1 Like

Permadeath is too extreme for me,
But im sure a lotta player would love to challenge Barbaric difficulty if this ‘Survival’ mode exist, myself included but having the option to tweak the game really make me dont want to play it on Barbaric.

Its not about temptation to use cheat, i just want a dedicated mode for players who legit dont use cheat, maybe also make the achievement/trophy only obtainable in this mode or official pve, that will put more value to the achievement since it gives you feeling of accomplishment and bragging right since the game is pretty hard to solo

2 Likes

The greatest difficulty I find to finish this games history without dieing is to exit Skelos well, without dieing . Your body is spawning way before you can react and 90% you find yourself dead , other than this you would have no problems . Barbaric mode is not so difficult as you think it is , it just gives you a good lesson about mobs and weaknesses , you learn their weak points ,all their possible movements and what is the best way to defeat them , all the weapons suddenly have a meaning , a good reason for existence , so try it , you’ll love it :wink:.

1 Like

This is what I was thinking, too. Outsourcing self control here can lead to weak resolve in other aspects of life, too. Or, in other words, if you can’t resist temptation in a video game, how can you resist temptation in real life?

Everything I’ve built in my Single-Player I’ve done without admin assistance, with a 1x harvesting modifier. I don’t feel the need to prove this to anyone - those whose opinion would matter know they can trust my word, and I don’t really care what random people elsewhere think about me. But I know that if I used the admin panel, I would be cheating, which would, in my eyes, invalidate my achievements. And surely I wouldn’t want to invalidate my achievements.

(I still prefer having the admin panel as a backup option in case something breaks in the game and I’d need admin tools to fix things. There are still some bugs in the game, or so I’ve heard.)

3 Likes

It’s called will power my friend get some and don’t use admin when playing singleplayer.

1 Like

Its like Fast Travel in games…just don’t give in!

Most of my SP setting are fairly default, outside food/water drain, and Stam drain. (pet peeve of mine a peg legged man, who weighs 500 can out run my physical fit character in a game. XD)
Thou I get why they do it.

I normally password mine, thou with recent patches, I tend to not anymore, I’ll pop on god mode when teleporting(dislike dieing to crap during load screen), or sandstorm comes. (since they screwed up all hiding spots)
Outside that? Dismantle bench at lv20… (Still think its level should be lowered) and often I toss myself bronze coins (for killing bosses etc). (which I pretend to trade for goods)

As for others thinking you didn’t legit it… who cares? If its that pressing I doubt even patched “no admin” mode would even change there minds.
You can just hope on officals and rock all journy steps and be like HA HA, I did it even with trolls around.

1 Like

I have 2 children ,
If I put them in front of an ice cream bucket , my daughter will start immediately eating , even by dipping fingers in it but my son will wait for me or his mother to start . Both of them are doing the correct thing however :wink: . I am proud for both of them , just for different reasons .

Hey, I was just talking about self control with video games and life. Ice cream is a totally different matter. Even I am occasionally guilty of overindulging when it comes to ice cream.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.