Crippled with imperfections, stutter, thralls disappearing, etc

Finally I was able to improve the game’s stuttering issues, it’s a mix of wrong habits and some technical adjustments.

I will sum my findings, might help other users. Please note this is for PC with Nvidia card.

Bad habit wise, I often enabled the administrative rights, after 30 minutes or so, the stuttering became constant, especially in areas with many assets (NPCs, forests, buildings, etc…), so piece of advice, if you have to become admin, do your things and when you are done, relaunch the game to play.

Technically. I had two flaws:

• In the game settings, video section, make sure “MAX FPS” is set on “Uncapped”.
  • In Nvidia control panel, make sure the “Shader cache” is on (in the “Manage 3D settings”). If you do not wish to do it in the Global Settings, do it in the Program Settings for Conan Exiles (add the game if required)

For info:

• I have started a new game in pure Offline mode, with the hlep of a mod, this had no impact at all on the stuttering, this confirms network wise there is no issue.
  • As for other graphical settings, this is mainly for FPS performances, adjust them accordingly to the capabilities of your GPU. Most demanding ones are Volumetric Fog and Post Processing, followed by General Shadows and Effects Quality. I have played with them all, it had no effect on the stuttering, only on FPS.

Latest patch (yesterday) on Testive also solved the disappearance of thralls at workstations, creating another little bug though, sometimes they stand in T-pose…which is very minor, at least I know they are present. But if this is bothering you, simply take the thrall in you inventory and place it back, this will resume their animations.

Cheers!

4 Likes