Damaging your own thrall

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official | Online private | Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

[Describe the bug here]
I can damage my own thrall. This prevents me from joining in on a boss fight couse i might or the boss might kill my thrall. To much damage going on.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Fight
2.and
3.damage your
4.thrall

1 Like

Lonesome, while the issue has been noted, it would help, especially in this case, to fill out the form at the top.

Reports are that this is online-only and single player games are not affected. The form is there to narrow down the issues to specifics and help us to test and verify under those conditions.

Regards

jim

Just a quick note on this, only affects PvP, PvE-C and solo play, we can’t replicate this on PvE servers at all.

LOL, you actually want funcom to access your system to find out what you are playing?

1 Like

damaging your thrall on pvp or pve-c is intended
it’s actually a server setting, it’s usually set at a lower percentage than regular damage. 50% I think.

If you’re playing single player, you can turn the friendly damage down or off
although why you would have single play set as pvp or pve-c I don’t know.

1 Like

omg at least you can play
 stop whining there are thousands of us who cant even join because of some lame ■■■ funcom connection issues

I understand the confusion now, thank you for that. The ‘us’ to which I refer is the many volunteers who try to help those running into things that are new to them, not Funcom. While I thought the answer was in the gametype, there was no way to tell and no clear basis for a solid answer.

We’ve been through this before and some have personally investigated friendly fire. Lorail is spot on, and this is what we observed, many moons ago. By default, friendly fire is disabled on PvE servers.

Official servers (PvP/C) are preset to some value of friendly fire (I don’t know what, do not play officials) and can only be changed by the devs.

Dedicated and rented servers have a slider whose lower limit is 0.1 which can be overridden in the ini files to zero. Sorry, but I do not remember where. Droch may remember as his post is also spot on.

My apologies to you personally for the quick response without fully understanding you were, in fact, referring to a different ‘us’.

Regards

jim

Singleplayer games have PvP enabled by default. The only way to disable it is before you create your character enter the custom server options and untick the box. After you start your singleplayer game, you can only adjust the friendly fire damage and the “raid window” times. The checkbox for Enable PvP doesn’t appear in the in-game server settings menu.

There are separate threads for those issues. This is a thread for this issue.

1 Like

@Jim1

I play on PS4 console, offline mode
Sorry for posting on a pc topic, however,

Is it only the pc versionwhere you can turn off friendly fire damage in PvE? I have slain many thralls due to friendly fire. I know horses no longer take damage but every other follower does. Even at the setting 0.1, I inflict the majority of damage to my thralls.

Could you offer some clarity on this?

1 Like

Coming from singleplayer to when I started a game on the testlive server, this was my biggest shock. Granted, I’ve only been playing the game for a few months, but I’ve always been able to damage my own thrall and not being able to felt like cheesing to me. The default friendly fire multiplier is .2 on singleplayer, so I’d wager a guess that it’s the same for official servers.

1 Like

The_gamer, I wish I could, but I am completely unfamiliar with the interface for platforms other than the PC. An utter idiot I am concerning that.

There is a possibility that @darthphysicist could offer help; he’s really platform-savvy.

Good luck !

Regards

jim

1 Like

BB, I was also shocked when I encountered that. Like you, I came from several thousand hours of private PvE and swung with complete abandon, damaging everything around me, on a server that enabled friendly fire.

I suspect you are correct, 0.2, but have no experience with it. Perhaps a PvPr can look at on an official and verify?

Regards

jim

1 Like

KK, thanks for the info and honesty.

Happy gaming!

1 Like

Since you said offline I assume you are playing single player. If you turn off PVP in settings ->server settings after clicking “make me admin”, you shouldn’t do any damage to your thrall. This should be the equivalent of PVE on servers.

1 Like

Yes, this is why I’ve been telling people they need to set their options before starting a character since early access.

However there is a work around.
Back up your save - game.db, set your options, create a new character exit game, replace the new game.db with the saved one. you now have the old character with the new server options.
You can also edit the server.ini directly with a text editor like notepad. Just make sure to turn off read only.

I’ve been telling people that since EA also.
But, I am a PC player so I don’t know if those things are possible on consoles

2 Likes

@darthphysicist

TY for the info and quick response.

1 Like

If you’ll humor me for a moment, which tab is it under in server settings? Because as you can see from my earlier reply, I couldn’t find it.
Just realized this is a question specifically for console, aplogies for the confusion.

Its on the very first tab right under make me admin. Its a checkbox.

2 Likes

This is what we have on PC, hence the temporary confusion.

Ah yeah in that case you can probably issue a console command.