Dear admins, what can we as players do against cheaters?

Dear admins, what can we as players do against cheaters?

• You forbid us to use the same means as the cheaters

• You forbid us to discuss these cheaters here in the forum and to mention them with your steam account

• At the same time you admins tell us that you cannot help, that you are only community admins

• Likewise, your admins tell us that the official servers will not receive any support from you.

As far as I can remember, I bought a game that had already ended the beta phase.
Isn’t it your OBLIGATION to keep the game free of errors / bugs / glitches / cheats?

To mention again, the mistakes the cheaters use are not ours! Funcom implemented these errors.

And apparently you don’t care about the players’ desires, other people can’t explain why you give cheaters the opportunity to ruin the game and the reputation of Funcom.

You expect or hope that we will remain loyal to you, but what you get in return is not enough to make up for the damage caused by cheater.

Why don’t you even take a serious stand and tell us how we should respond to your opinion?

And again, it’s not about that you don’t feel like worrying about official servers, but that you have caused errors through your program code that makes cheating possible at all.

8 Likes

I guess the only thing we can do is FIND ANOTHER GAME and STOP SUPPORTING IT / BUY DLCS.

Just forget about FAIR PLAY, FAIR PVP DUELS / FIGHTS / WARS - It’s impossible. You have to cheat to have chance.

Isn’t Cyberpunk out already?

2 Likes

There very first thread pinned on the forums that you can see talks about what you can do.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/official-servers-terms-of-conduct-guidelines-and-procedures/112678/2

2 Likes

Reporting cheaters is a waste of time, the standard answer that everyone already knows.
“We’re too busy” we can’t take care of the official servers.

But we expect you to take care of the game we bought. It should run flawlessly, so the admins don’t have to worry.

3 Likes

I’m not a developer or Funcom employee.

As with every major patch for the past 2 years, the upcoming patch has more fixes for dealing with PvP exploits. You may review those changes on the Testlive forums.

However, asking for a perfectly made game that can never ever have any bugs just isn’t feasible in modern game development, especially a sandbox game with millions of variables. Conan or otherwise.

3 Likes

the thing is easy … remove all items that they use for cheats…

Chairs , Drawbridge , notice

and the most problems fixed … takes maby 5 minutes to deactivate it.

1 Like

They supply the official servers for free and sadly you get what you pay for. No moderation and exploiters are roaming free ruining everyone’s experience. Join my server Unnamed Kingdom instead, which has active admins to deal with these people.

So your argument is ‘remove the items’ - eg punish PVE players for the problems in PVP.

This game was sold with multiple game modes - and Funcom is struggling to balance all of them.

I for one am getting really tired of PVP players advocating to ‘fix’ their side of the game by removing things from people who aren’t using them to cheat. As I was forced to explain to another PVPer this morning - I guess it’s time for me to stop supporting the ‘all game modes’ model and start just advocating for the scrapping of PVP entirely…

4 Likes

Dude what are you fight there for? Official Servers are literally UNPLAYABLE, and that’s difference.
They refuse to push MANDATORY fix for weeks now. Not to mention there’s ton’s of exploiters.

You never played official PvP i guess so go back to your PvE server and stop arguing about something you have no idea about.

Now you are lucky if you won’t get server crashed all day, most of people undermesh, at least half of players fight with full 50 stats, there’s hacker that can go invisible, there’s hackers that can speedhack, there’s hacker that can insta kill you even if you are in base - on event log it says you killed yourself.

3 Likes

What is your problem PvEr? They could disable it only on PvP servers for example but that is bad idea anyway. They could easily fix it by spending more time on actually fixing it instead of making more DLCs.

Playing on half empty server? No Thanks.
Playing on server that can be abused by admin coz someone killed his wife or something? No Thanks.

Keep playing on official servers that are full for a week before cheaters find it and it gets unplayable, then. You do you.

So you agree it’s a bad idea. And it wasn’t being suggested to disable only on PVP, it was being suggested to remove them from the game.

My problem is repeated attacks from PVP players. I have repeatedly advocated to try to fix all game modes. I have even argued in support of suggestions that would damage game modes I play just because they would fix bigger issues for PVP. But time and again, I see the same comments from PVP players blaming PVE for all their problems, insulting anyone who doesn’t play their preferred game mode, and demanding (not arguing for, just demanding) changes be made that would completely wreck other game modes. I’ve even seen (just this week) at least one person arguing that the game should have only one game mode (and we all know which game mode he expected that to be).

There used to be PVPers who were willing to engage and debate (and educate) - willing to work cooperatively on fine-tuning suggestions so that they would have the maximum benefit with the minimum of collateral damage. But those people seem to be gone. As I said in the post you replied to - I am tired of this. And you are now the third PVPer just today to show me that this shouldn’t be treated as one community - it should be viewed as what it is - warring sides.

3 Likes

I said it once and I will say it again. STOP FLAGGING THIS POST AS OFFENSIVE / INSULTIVE or tell me what part insults You???

Dude what are you fight there for? Official Servers are literally UNPLAYABLE, and that’s difference vs PvE. They refuse to push MANDATORY fix for weeks now. Not to mention there’s ton’s of exploiters.

You never played official PvP i guess so go back to your PvE server and stop arguing about something you have no idea about.

Now you are lucky if you won’t get server crashed all day, most of people undermesh, at least half of players fight with full 50 stats, there’s hacker that can go invisible, there’s hackers that can speedhack, there’s hacker that can insta kill you even if you are in base - on event log it says you killed yourself.

It works in both ways. There’s some mad PvErs attacks as well. They can make changes so both sides can be happy. But can we both agree that PvE is somewhat playable when PvP is UNPLAYABLE at all and needs emergency fixes?

TBH, I’ve not seen a lot of mad PVE ers attacks, so I’ll have to take your word for that.

Yep - agreed. And that’s kinda the point I was making (with increasing aggression, borne out of increasing frustration).

I can’t agree that PVP is completely unplayable - simple fact is there are people playing it (unlike the Xbox situation for example). However, I do agree that the PVP situation is worse at present. That is why I have previously supported PVPers calls for changes. I don’t want division in the player base (debate is good, division not so much), but somedays it seems like every other comment is another insult, and it gets old quick.

Thank you for responding patiently. That is a positive, and is appreciated.

3 Likes

Do not be so radical… you are basing yourself on another radical,
so that will make from you an radical too…

please lets NOT forget the reason of this thread,
the tons of cheats whatever what kind of game-mode it is,

the thing here is that the staff should work for solving it,
not terminating PVE or PVP… thats at least an ridiculous idea,
for any kind… for making all PVP or PVE, whatever !

4 Likes

@Hellbell - Agreed - I’m just frustrated. And as I’ve said many times before - I’d be very upset if any of the game modes were terminated, even if I don’t play them myself. You’ll see my post just above yours is calmer than the one you responded to.

I will say that the cheats and exploits (while they could theoretically get used in PVE) really are a PVP issue. And I agree that they are important fixes, because no game mode should have to deal with them. But Funcom are working on that - the undermesh protection may not be fully functioning yet, but there’ve been additions and changes (and exploit fixes) added to the latest testlive patch just today - so hopefully things will start getting better for you guys.

2 Likes

Im just saying PvP needs FIXES NOW, ASAP. Yes people still play on PvP servers, they have some more patience and still wait for fixes but it does not mean its playable. All PvP PLAYER VS PLAYER aspect is BROKEN, UNPLAYABLE. How You can’t agree if You can’t stay logged in for 10 minutes in game for whole day coz someone is crashing server? What makes You think something is UNPLAYABLE? When computer blows up? Jeez, we have different meaning of UNPLAYABLE.

Do you see any option for the admins to disable specific items on a specific server type? In the server settings GUI or in the .ini files? No? It’s because those don’t exist.

Sure, they could spend time writing a bunch of code to do that. So much for how easy that solution is:

4 Likes