Decay Timer on Official Servers - POLL - YOUR VOTE NOW

I voted 10 days, because unforeseen circumstances can leave you with no energy or time to get on but once a week, and that gives a 3 day leeway.

2 Likes

I understand the server lag issue too.
Canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve lagged off a cliff to my death.

How ever as an active player, I play every night when able, Iā€™d still like to be able to go on holiday for a week with my wife and kids without losing every thing me and my wife have worked for.
Yeah we might get offline purged but Iā€™m confident or bases would make it through and its part of the game. Although with the decay timer I see no reason for the offline purge to be used as server cleanup.

To be decay purged 6 days into a 7 day holiday, thatā€™s not a great gaming experience.

up

A vacation is getting away from it all, you shouldnā€™t be slaved to take a laptop with you, we are not all heroin addicts.

1 Like

On Fallout 76 the base logs out with you. How freakin genius is that?

Now if only we could instance our bases into an online-raidable pocket of sub-space, thereā€™d be no structure/vault spamming and thrall blockades. Like have a portal open when online, and close when offline.

Just find the glowie-portal of a sub-spaced base and invade it. The entrance of the sub-space would be a 50 meter no-build zone leading towards the players actual base, just out of range of thrallsā€¦ so attackers can gather :wink: When the base owner logs out, there is a 1 minute window where the portal still remains openā€¦and if someoneā€™s already in the sub-space, the sup-space remains onlineā€¦

Just a possible solution thatā€™d solve this decay problem as well. And the subspace area would have a finite amount of space, so people donā€™t build death stars, and whiel inside this sub-space, the server wonā€™t have to load nearby structures of other players as well. Good use of bandwidth. Everyone has a prime piece of real estate and equal opportunities, while the wild lands stay wild and public.

I think 2 weeks should suffice as a general standard for the decay process. Seriously we all have lives and sometimes there are matters that need to come before gaming.

Personally I spent too much time and effort working on my structures which was a big selling point (also including having a army ā€œthrallsā€) to have it wiped out in a flash because of circumstances keeping me from logging in. Iā€™ve dealt with lag and I have experience lag worse in other games then I have in Conan Exiles.

I could concede the point of making the timer faster if farming wasnā€™t a problem. Besides some people have shelled out extra money to have the cosmetic building materials and even then you have to have so much material to build! I am about the only member active in my clan. So I am trying to keep up on structures from purges and gather resources for weapons and materials, armors, ect. To be honest if I knew my hard work would be so haphazardly considered I probably wouldnā€™t have bought this game.

Now I am certain some parties can be upset wanting shorter timers and they have every right to feel the way they do. All I can say is if there cannot be a happy medium then it should be wiped clean. Just do something like GTA where people can share one location like they do with their appartments (can have a place for different areas such as volcano, jungle ect) and have one big storage box for their inventory items. Just abandon the building all together.

1 Like

I say that a week is plenty of decay time. Anymore is too much. This is a survival game that does indeed take time to be able to achieve success and while I know real life comes first but I think any break longer then a week and you should start to enter decay. Plus if you are playing on a pvp server and you donā€™t log in for a night then chances of you getting raided if high.

I suggest something the tool cupboard in Rust. They can tweak it and make it their own but the principle still is the same. A box you store mats in that keeps your base up and running while you are gone. You can stuff it with a lot of mats and I would say the max amount of time you can squeeze into one of them would be 3 weeks MAX. That way if real life does call you could have spent a hour every day for the past 2 weeks making mats to put into it and be golden. People could also blow it up and get the mats out of it. Then so that way if you do raid and wipe someone off the server you donā€™t have to waste all your explosives in destroying every last foundation or whatever. You can just let the decay system to take care of it. It would be hard to come back from getting attacked and losing the engineering bench. Which I think is the over all point of it, not to negatively affect the active players at all but allowing the bases you raid and wipe to clear faster and reduce server load.

The current decay timer is 17 daysā€¦ when it works and doesnā€™t just destroy something you are literally next to after one hourā€¦

It is not amymore.

doubt if most peoples partners would allow that my friend :slight_smile: mine would leave me at airport to be never seen again. 2 week vactaions are ok, you dont necessarily need to go to another country. I would say if anything it should be 15 days just to allow for flights imho

hehe. I get you. Iā€™m one of those truly blessed with a gamer chick as a wife. After being married for so long, ya tend to forget genuine gamer chicks are rare as hell. That reminds me to buy her some flowers and a few legendaries.

4 Likes

Yeah mate, im a little jelous now :rofl: you are trulry blessed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well thatā€™s a bit short sighted. What about the people that do 2 week stints out at sea for work where gaming laptops would not work.

Also when I do go on holiday its usually in the same country so no plane ticket to pay for, plus why would you take a 2 week vacation with family and friends just to sit on a laptop playing a game :joy:.

Well people with jobs out at sea play singleplayers.

When your on vacation with family and friends, you donā€™t play games. You just refresh your timers and feed thralls, then go back to partying.

It suffices to find a net cafe, and ask them if you can download CE on their machines, but itā€™s always advisable to change all the passwords afterwards.
I own a surface pro 2, but CE far far exceeds itā€™s capabilities, so a gaming laptop is in order.

Being forced to play single player wasnā€™t the option I was hoping for.

Good luck finding an Internet cafe in Australia. Once you leave the cities you can hardly get a phone signal never mind find a cafe to play CE at :joy:.

3 Likes

I know right ā€¦ this is when you chose your accommodation carefully and take a gaming laptop ā€¦ mine in its backpack weighs exactly the maximum economy hand luggage allowance ā€¦ I view it as a weight lifting exercise to strengthen back and shoulders without the gym fee.

1 Like

I just did quit playing. I feel it is a waste of time building anymore on my ships and town.
Starting september i am longer then decay on vacation.
What is sad - i am only one day to late coming home.

Hope i can remotivate after. But not sure. Just to loose all again during Christmas when we go Skiing as a Family again for max a week.
But feel silly to see my wife looking at me - why are you logging into a Video Game 10 minutes before we leave!?!
Kids are already in the car!

This poll is my last hope.
Else i am gone.

Sad but getting used to the feeling that you need to be single and still in school for a lot of great Games to enjoy toroly.

I would have bought further DLC. But not this way.

Private Servers are a no go. Do not like someone having control over the environment i am playing on.

12 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m in exactly the same boat. Edit: Well, except for the quit playing part. Didnā€™t do that yet. But itā€™s inevitably going to happen the first time I lose all my stuff due to regular, normal-people stuff preventing me to log on for a week.

3 Likes

True but at least your buildings might survive which is better then loosing everything for a lot of people.

I wasnā€™t expecting to see anything above 12 days to be voted. Its interesting to see this polls results atm.

It is, isnā€™t it? Roughly 80% want decay to be longer - just a difference of opinion how much longer. Iā€™m surprised so many want it MUCH longer. I was advocating 10 days because I honestly thought that was the maximum any number of people would support - but of those who want longer decay timers, a significant majority want two weeks or longer. Iā€™d be fine with two weeks too.

4 Likes