Details on how bleed procs work?

question

Sorry in advance if this information is already available somewhere. I just didn’t find any precise answer by googling it nor in the devstream videos I’ve watched so far.

Basically I’m looking for answers to these questions:

• Is the bleed damage a fixed DoT or does it scale? e.g. with the base damage of the weapon, the weapon tier, or even the HP of the affected target.
  • What’s the actual DoT amount of bleed procs? (if applicable)
  • Does the Salting the Wound perk (+25% damage to targets affected by negative procs) affect the bleed damage? I know that bleed procs cause the perk to apply, but does the perk apply to the bleed damage of the subsequent procs?
  • Does armor (and thus armor penetration) affect bleed proc damage? If so, how?
  • Which dagger attacks cause a bleed proc? It seems like the heavy 1 procs it at least, but I can’t tell for sure.
  • And while we’re on this topic, is there any other effect proc’ed by daggers? (I’ve heard someone mention cripple somewhere but I’m not sure it’s accurate)

I’m very curious about this as well and can’t find any info about this. Bleed, poison and cripple, they all stack together as well? Like in a dagger+poison+serpent arrows

Absolutely nothing other than pure observation, but I think the tick is affected by the weapon base damage. For instance, if I attack a leopard with stone knives and watch the bleed tick on them, that seems slower than if I use steel knives and do the same. Also, in that light, that does indicate that it’s damage-based, not HP based (that is, it’s not like “1% hp per tick per stack”) since otherwise it wouldn’t have taken me an hour to beat a boss :stuck_out_tongue:

As to which attacks cause the bleed, the second, third, and fourth hits of the right-click attack. That is, when your weapon glows red, that’s causing the bleed effect. If it’s like with players, bleeds stack up to 9, but not like you can see what that is on enemies.

And I’ve gotten a cripple with my daggers once, think it was more dumb luck that I apparently hit a leg :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve read that bleed stacks to 20, or atleast I had 17 stacks on me at one point, not 100% sure if it was from a player or a NPC. I’m still wondering if stat attributes like strength affect that as well. Otherwise you could make a bleed/dot/poison build with only going like 20 strength, which sounds interessting.

Anyone else care to share their findings? What about bleeds+poison together? Also does armor values afffect this?

PS; srsly, it’s so hard to find any information about this, maybe devs could put a light on it? just a tiny one?

Bleeds stack to 20 and last 20s.

This was indicated in a previous patch notes:

Agreed. It would really help if the devs contributed to this topic. But they’re probably busy with other stuff, like fixing bugs. :slight_smile:

At the moment I’m considering running some tests on a PvP dedicated server with a friend. Mainly I think we should at least be able to test this against another player who has no regen:

• Is the bleed a flat amount or a percentage of the target’s HP?
  • Does the amount scale based on the the base weapon damage?
  • Is the amount affected by the Salting the Wound perk?

If possible, please provide the information you guys gather. Also we tried a bit on our pvp server, friend was damaging me with his dagger and I wore different armors, but it’s kinda hard to tell if armor values are considered as well since the clan dmg/friendly fire is lower.

I just collected some data and I’ve posted it here:

Thanks for that breakdown hqz, Could you add that info to the wiki? I know it would help a lot folks out.

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Bleeding

Everything you could hope to know, but if you don’t want to read, here is the effect.

Bleed deals 0.66 damage per stack each second for 10 seconds and can stack up to 20 times, for a total of 13.2 damage per second.

Bleeding

ignores armor.
interrupts healing from items and food.
does not interrupt healing from the Fierce Vitality perk.
prevents climbing.