Dev Wipe Meta Official thread

What even is this thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine if PvP players ever stopped feeling so special and could take the time to mingle with us mere mortals… and discover the power of paragraphs
Just kidding.

Anyway, I might be able to offer some insight as to why your whole buildings are wiped.
I don’t think they’re being done via conventional means as in… not through some ghosting admin character levitating there and spamming shift delete on your stuff… in fact I don’t think admin mode has much to do with it… they might log in to look around if they’re really curious… idk…

But I would guess the deletion happens via external tools with a simple button-press in an application :man_shrugging:
And since buildings are a single object, every connected piece will go, while stability / decay will take care of the rest of the base contents on its own.

As for why the way things are…
We discussed it quite endlessly in a similar, but more PvE oriented topic just now
Maybe you could read some of the stuff in case you’re interested.
I’m not going to repeat all the stuff I typed in there, especially since people don’t like reading it :slight_smile:

I am going to point out though that there are thousands of official servers… hosting tens of thousands of players…
And there’s like 5 people managing every admin ticket… :man_shrugging:
That should give you an idea about how much time they can dedicate to each individual case.

• Imo. they have a fairly strict internal criteria based on what to judge (which they can easily pull up from the database with a push of a button)
  • quickly assess if it falls into the general categories (probably even have some built in alerts in their software, like displaying a red notification if the base is touching a POI zone or blocking spawns etc.)
  • check out the associated pictures and stuff attached to the report (unless it’s some long video which they’ll probably skip and not bother or play at 5x speed :smiley: )
  • they go through their check list then press either the “wipe base” button… or the “send auto-reply” that they investigated it and found nothing.

I would also think that indeed the number of reports will actually influence this since they can justify doing that to themselves easier "more people wanted this gone… " as opposed to a lone report where they might spend more time investigating.

Still, their system actually works for the most part… because the majority they catch actually DID break the rules - they just simply don’t agree with the rules so they show up to complain - but unfortunately people do fall through the cracks and get wiped for seemingly no reason.

Anyway, that should get you thinking

1 Like