Discuss: Rules about Walls and Villages

A few of you have asked directly or indirectly what my position is with Funcom. I work in Customer Support. In addition to work I do for our other games, I spend a significant amount of time in Zendesk (our ticketing system) investigating Exiles reports.

From my experience with investigating these reports, I know that some of the extreme examples that I tried to describe here were occurring way too frequently. It was also apparent that some players didn’t know why they were being suspended. This is clearly a problem because many would repeat the exact same offence once their suspension had expired. This ultimately leads to more tickets, which means a longer wait for all tickets. It also leads to speculation among players, and this further muddies the waters.

My goal here was to spread awareness of the sorts of things we look for when we read your Zendesk tickets. The hope was that this would reduce some of most severe infractions which cause the most pain to players, which would in turn allow us to focus on some of the more nuanced edge cases. So far, I am pleased with the results, and it has encouraged me to keep following up with you in these threads. We have also seen some feedback which was unexpected but ended up being very useful. It has helped us reshape our policies and procedures to better serve the community on the Official Servers.

I think I have made these examples as concise as I am able to for now. Next, I would like to focus on some of the other infractions we deal with routinely. Much of the feedback we’ve received has been helpful, so thank you for the conversation. Please feel free to continue, and I will continue to respond if I feel that I can add something to the conversation.

11 Likes