Discussion: A Balancing Act

There are distillates which provide extra xp on crit, as well as catalysts that can reduce the empowerment cost, guarantee a crit or increase the amount of xp (not 100% sure on the last one tbh).
Not sure they’re e17 only though, think there’s a chance for them to drop at all levels, with blue chests giving the catalysts. Could be wrong though, often don’t pay full attention to loot till i’ve got a full bag of it!

Hmm, I suppose between that and getting rid of keys, they noticed that dungeon getting harder while loot stays the same didn’t really create the right incentives. (boss hp goes up linearly through the dungeon, same number of distillates… better to quit as soon as you hit any bump in the road at all and do another boss 1)

I don’t really like the layers of rng with random chance of blue chests, random chance it’ll be a useful catalyst, but that’s nothing new. eg. I’ve still never had an agent drop from a regional. Thanks rng.

4 Likes

Btw some of those special distillates are sellable on AH. I put one up and someone bought it.

I forget which type it was, I was just putting stuff up since no one had. It was purple outline with a yellow background. I think it said something like energize or energy.

And you can get those from lairs, regio’s, Scens and Stonehenge too?
Or is it dungeon/raid only for those “special loots” :thinking:

I think they can come from any, but will have to wait till the next beta to confirm it.

Well that’s gonna go down like a bunch of lead balloons if it goes live isn’t it.
Talk about :poop: Hitting the fan.

People being able to trade distillates? Maybe. It’ll be good for people to be able to sell stuff though, get a bit more activity on the AH. They’re also not hugely common anyway, so it’ll be interesting to see how people choose to price them.

It’s not the fact that they will be tradeable that i take issue with. That actually would be nice.
It’s how they are going to be obtained and from where that needs a good thinking, before mistakes are made.

I shouldn’t have to say why, but logic will eventually lead you to that answer.
My opinion is they should only be available from dungeons and raids, where people actually have to participate.

But hey - what would i know?

I got it from a dungeon. Didn’t do much of anything else.

Oh who honestly cares even the tiniest bit about the one time in a thousand that a lair run doesn’t involve a full instance and some passing rando scores some free loot lol

2 Likes

HAHAHA - Then i guess nobody minds if i fill them with my multiple alts then /follow :v:
In all my days doing lairs - i’ve never seen a passer by at a lair or reggio that wasn’t pre-invited, Nor have i ever been in a half filled raid, i have seen half the crew of ABBA in a lair tho, along with a member of Clannad . . . :face_with_monocle:

Whats good for the goose? Is that how we do it?
Who honestly cares indeed :smiley:

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not, but no, people leeching off lairs and getting nice loot is not actually a problem. The only person I know who annoyed people doing it has been blacklisted by every lair leader and can’t MU on them anymore

2 Likes

Yeah I have to agree on this. SWL’s community is so small that any attempt to exploit lair loot with multiple alts is most likely going to end very poorly for the individual. There is one group of like 4 or 5 alts that stand in a circle in Agartha (won’t mention any names). That like to freeload and “afk” World bosses but that’s the only time Ive really seen it done excessively. Overall I don’t think it will be a major concern.

2 Likes

I think it’s worth looking at how often they drop, and where from, just so we have a clearer picture. I don’t think that they drop regularly enough that it would really encourage people to multibox unless they’re already doing it tbh.

It’s fairly rare to see randoms in a lair, in part because a solo player doesn’t really have much reason to run into their zone’s lair other than to look for a raid.

1 Like

Leechers are not the problem either. Multiple alts on /follow are.
That’s as simple as i can make my statement.

@AWOL Multibox isn’t the thing either - its one person setting the /follow command and those alts NOT doing anything, multiboxers actually follow the given commands by the player also - do they not? Isn’t that how they get round the whole “you must be in control of the character or you break the rules” thing? - either way, this is not multiboxing i am talking about.
Nor leechers.

Lets not gloss over that this is also being done in stonehenge.

Personally i DO NOT agree with this at all.

This is not TSW, we do not need to act like it is.

1 Like

eh, multiboxing in this case is using multiple character on the same computer. How you control them is a different subject. From the very small amount of relevant distillates i’ve got on test, I strongly doubt this will be a problem - they don’t seem to drop enough to really encourage people to go down the army of alts route.

I’m not entirely sure what the difference between leechers and having multiple alts on /follow is tbh. I’ve been in plenty of regional grinds where there are people who don’t even bother attacking the boss, they just wait for the loot chest. It’d be different in that there would be fewer actual people involved, but that’s about it. The same can be said of OD - if i’m boosting someone through levels that they couldn’t normally reach, they’re often not providing any more contribution than an alt on follow would. Sometimes they’ll toss out an interrupt, or a cleanse, but most of the time i’ve got those covered myself anyway.

That description of OD you gave is you helping someone out - the description i’m talking about is someone using their alts to farm wave 21 over and over (daily) for nemains.

I’ve seen multiboxing in TSW and there was this char outside tokyo bathhouse called Gymrat, they had another 5 toons with them all called gymrat1.2.3.4.5 - they were all executing the same moves the main toon was.
This is not what im talking about.
I’m talking about “is it fair and right someone fill valid spots in lairs and reggios that other people could use, with alts that don’t do anything but follow? and is it right and fair that the same person should also be using OD in the way i described”

If special loot is added to the lairs, reggios and scens and OD - then this method of gaining them will also be continued to be used is how i see it.

I don’t think it is fair nor right tbh.

But opinions differ i guess.
I’ll say no more about it then.
Since it seems to be acceptable to do so.

I don’t know whether it’s allowed by the rules, but aside from that, I don’t have a problem with people farming things efficiently. It’s no worse than running E1 dungeons to get better agents, you pick some easy content and run it in a way that maximizes your odds. If Funcom finds it’s causing problems they’ll do something about it more directly, same as they made the agents only drop on your highest unlocked dungeon level with the balance patch.

3 Likes

During a lair there are three free spots, whether they are taken by someone’s alt in the lair raid, or a stranger, who cares? Lair bosses melt in 10 seconds. :man_shrugging:
It’s better than having a “helpful” active leecher who tags the mobs in the lair and causing the raid to take more time to finish the missions. In any case, this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

2 Likes

It bothers me when I see that person with 4-5 alts that Drenneth mentioned because even though they say they don’t, I see them come into full raids with them, and I see them stand on the side waiting for loot. That’s less loot for people who can’t get in because of them.

I hope they don’t do this after rebalance. How bout that? lol

1 Like