DLC Not Activated Barbarian Edition Steam

Game mode: Any
Type of issue: Bug, Misc
Server type: Any
Region: Any

Quite simple. I bought the Barbarian edition, but none of the items included in that are unlocked. I may as well be playing the standard edition.

Steps I have tried:
1 Reinstalling the game
2 Verifying the game’s cache
3 Reinstalling Steam
4 Reinstalling Windows

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I’ve paid for a product ant haven’t received what I paid for.

Wait. The Barbarian Edition doesn’t contain all the DLC? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Waste of $20. Should’ve listened to everyone that said Funcom are a bunch of shysters. Here’s a tip: If you’re gonna release a game that has tiered buying versions, either have one that includes all DLC LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME ON STEAM, or have it IN BOLD that the version that costs $20 more doesn’t include all the DLC but rather worthless stuff only hardcore Conan fans would enjoy. Legitimately pissed.

Comics, eBook, Modiphius RPG book etc must be redeemed at third-party websites. To obtain your Barbarian Edition content, please click the ‘Barbarian Edition’ button on the main menu of the game. Your Steam web browser will open and take you to a web page where you can enter your e-mail address to receive your unique codes and information on where and how to get the content.*

1 Like

The Steam page clearly states what the “Barbarian Edition” offers, with a large picture showcasing the items, as well as a detailed description of each item shown.

3 Likes

Hi Joose,

The Barbarian Edition is out for a very long time (since 31 Jan. 2017) … looooooong before the first DLCs cames out ( #1 Friday June 22, 2018 / #2 released August 2, 2018 / #3 released October 9, 2018 / #4 released December 12, 2018)

So you get what you paid for. Not more and not less.

I̵f̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵ ̵h̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵a̵ ̵p̵r̵o̵b̵l̵e̵m̵ ̵c̵l̵a̵i̵m̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵r̵ ̵T̵-̵S̵h̵i̵r̵t̵ ̵:̵ ̵[̵H̵o̵w̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵c̵l̵a̵i̵m̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵r̵ ̵B̵a̵r̵b̵a̵r̵i̵a̵n̵ ̵E̵d̵i̵t̵i̵o̵n̵ ̵T̵-̵s̵h̵i̵r̵t̵]̵

greeting
SirBowen

2 Likes

T-Shirt was discontinued a long time ago. It’s no longer part of the package and isn’t listed anywhere on the page.

2 Likes

Opps yeah you are right and its not shown on the pic anymore.

Yea, np. Just expected it to include all DLC like literally every other game that offers a more expensive edition of their game.
Whatever. Just tells me I need to join the many folks that refuse to buy anything from these devs. I see now that they have a valid point.

1 Like

As i said, the so called Barbarian edition arrives between Age of Conan and Conan Exiles. There was no dream of any DLC to Conan Exiles at this point. So why do you expect that a founders edition or a hardcore fan edition who build a bridge between two games is some kind of Game of the Year edition with all DLCs when it is made 2 years ago, when no DLCs exists at this time. Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, but just read before you buy something or maybe you get a disher next time.

4 Likes

Had it been called something that didn’t have “Edition” in the title (since all other games doing this use “Deluxe Edition” “Explorer’s Edition” etc. to show that you’re buying a version that has DLC included in the purchase price), I’d have opted to buy the DLC separately. As-is, now I’d have to spend an extra $40, making the game’s total $100, $20 of which I have zero interest in using. So because of their marketing, they lost an extra $20 sale. Just one guy, who cares, I get it. But for a man with 3 kids who rarely buys new games, that ■■■■■■ me right off. I could’ve used that money to buy some of the DLC, or even another game. Now it’s just gone. Not amused, not gonna be ok with it, and while sure it’s my fault for not specifically examining the content of the Barbarian Edition, it’s pretty awful that I’m considered at fault for not assuming the devs are using the same friggin’ naming method that everyone else does regarding their content. That tells me the devs aren’t trustworthy, and need to be scrutinized before every purchase. When your customers say that about you, something is wrong.

So again, whatever. I’ll eat the cost, since I have no other option. But I’ll be damned if I ever buy anything from these devs again. And for you saying that it’s all old DLC… yea, I wouldn’t know. I heard the game was awful when it came out so I haven’t even looked at it until last month when I bought it.

Good talk. Done here. Thanks.

You have nobody to blame but yourself. There is a giant picture what the Barbarian Edition comes with. There is a bolded description below that the describes what it comes with. No where does it say that it comes with DLC’s. The only way it can possibly be inferred, is you crafted the belief yourself. There is no carefully hidden information, no 18 page long terms and conditions, it’s all right there. Everybody makes mistakes, what isn’t fair is for you to accuse the developers of scamming you when all the information is right there.

If you just bought it, you can request a refund from Steam for the Barbarian Edition Upgrade and site you misunderstood the purchase.

5 Likes

Yep. I can’t I remember any games that add DLC’s for free :slight_smile: - we all wish they did. :smiley:
Am looking forward to the bits and pieces in the February update and glad FunCom are keeping fixing all the cross-platform bugs and things.
Also glad Modsters are encouraged as some offer stuff that seems like full DLC’s all on their own (and those are free)

(2,500 hours play and counting)

Hey there,

The contents of the Barbarian edition are listed on its Steam page clearly, with no mention of any of the posterior DLC packs being part of it. We’re sorry if they didn’t meet your expectations, but in this case we feel there is no misleading information if you read the description of the contents of this edition.
We’re going to proceed to close this thread as this issue has been resolved.
Thanks.

2 Likes