Do you hear the whispers?

Theres whispers, in some areas theres whispers in the wind, some areas theres whispers at night, on teliths island there is constant whispers on the flowerbed. Has anyone else heard them? Does anyone know who they are and what they say?

2 Likes

The only whispers Iā€™ve heard were near the T3 Set shrines.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard the whispers on Telithā€™s Island (at ā€˜Imiā€™s Cradleā€™) - one of the most effectively ā€˜creepyā€™ elements in the game :slight_smile: Really wish I knew what they meant.

I know Telith was the Witch Queenā€™s daughter, who fell in love with Tyros the Kinslayer (son of the Priest King and a human woman). Razma makes reference to a grandchild being ā€˜not quite humanā€™ - which could just mean because of Tyrosā€™ ancestry, but sounds like maybe it means something more. I have a feeling that I learned from somewhere that this child was Xalthar (as in Xaltharā€™s Refuge and Xaltharā€™s Crossing) - but I donā€™t know where Imi fits into all this - from the name (Imiā€™s Cradle) it makes me think either another child or some sort of nursemaid - and the whispers make me think something ā€˜demonicā€™ is involved somewhere. Or, given the relevance to both Exiled Lands and Siptah, possibly something ā€˜Cthuloidā€™.

Itā€™s definitely one of those mysteries that give the Exiled Lands so much depth :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol i had to read this twiceā€¦ my first initial thought ā€œerghā€¦this op is cookedā€¦ā€ butā€¦okā€¦okā€¦now i am going to have to go find these ambiant sounds for myself

1 Like

On teliths island theres a really colourful flowerbed, if you stand right there you will here them at any point of the day

Thank you for your in depth response, they are really cool, also the fact that you can go for months in this game without realising, we were in quite a few months before my friend went: ā€œwhat is it Iā€™m hearing?ā€ Glad were not the only ones hearing them lol

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard them in the oasis north of sepermeru, teliths island on the flower bed, the northern part of the jungle, there is quite a few placesā€¦ maybe theres something all these places have in common?

2 Likes

No. I suggest getting help.

(Also, Iā€™m too old to hear crickets anymore, and definitely too old to hear any careless whispers.)

2 Likes

Welk, turn your volume all the way up and stand in the flowerbed in teliths island, and make sure to have your psychiatrists number on speed dial, since youā€™ll need help aswell(practice what you preach and all that lol), all jokes asideā€¦ they are definetly there and in that specific spot, quite loud and persistent(youā€™ll hear them within the minute no matter time of day)ā€¦ butā€¦ there is more placesā€¦

1 Like

Maybes its ps4 version, I wear heaadphonesā€¦ so I hear alot of sounds, I donā€™t think singing has worked in long time.

Thou i rarely visit islandā€¦ I tend swim over to flower bed to trigger journal and then statue and stoneā€¦ and off to other things.

Been long time since Iā€™ve did 1st visit and lookd around all rocks. =/

3 Likes

The ghost of her use to be there along with ghost in many places but they no longer show but the girl has not been there in years but if you stand long enough then maybe

2 Likes

Its one of ghosts missing since pc early access. Small list of them that are missing. (been reported a few times) =/

2 Likes

Ah, that explains the journey step - makes way more sense now :wink:

Getting a nice set of headphones was something Iā€™m definitely pleased by - lots of atmospheric sounds in the background :slight_smile: (Also the ā€˜pseudo surround soundā€™ aspect can give some clues to where an unseen enemy is coming from, which I find useful sometimes.)

1 Like

Ah, that sucks :frowning: But, yeah, I can understand not wanting to wear an uncomfortable set for long sessions.

Head phones was one of best investments I made for gaming. Iā€™ve had good stereo set ups, that sounded really goodā€¦
there something about blocking all sound around you, and hearing only game sounds, specially the ones that just never seem to be heard thru normal speakers.

So many games got more creepy or just better sounding. All for price of 50-60$ bucks. XD

Thou, having a tv with headphone jack can be rareā€¦

2 Likes

Luckily my controller has a Jack plug, mobility and amazing sound!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.