Don't join clans you will lose everything you own outside of inventory if kicked or leave

At some point its Funcom fault because we New players doesnt have a Crystal ball to foresee that joining a Clan could happen this calamity with all our days of Farm and effort. If its a game mechanic wich i dont believe that much, Funcom should have warned us in-game ALL the cons and the possibles disasters that could happen If we Join a Clan. This game feels so much Alpha that even some needed tutorials,Guides or some guidance is missing. Iam not talking about obvious stutf But that stupid Clan system should have one. I Lost ALL my progress today in a PVE server becouse of this. This alone, being a bug or game mechanic, makes someone want to quit this game for good.

1 Like

They do the same thing in Ark, stop complaining and play the game. Start your clan if you donā€™t like it. Make sure before joining the clan on what the govern clan rules are before accepting. Thatā€™s on you.

1 Like

It was my first time experienceing this, I only found out about my friends situation after bringing up mine and how the fact they donā€™t tell you what joing a Conan Clan agrees to (which is a very different clan/guild mechanic than most games out there so yes, they should at least inform you just like they do when you start one and click to disband it and what will happen if you do).

Donā€™t be so naive and trust everybody

It is not being naive, it is simply putting a warning message before an individual commits to a uncommon game mechanic. You cannot assume that a player will know any of this, especially if they are new to this game, genre that you could lose everything to a guild because not guild controls are yet implemented or simply that this is the intended game mechanic. Honestly iā€™ll provide an example:

ā€œUpon going into a clan be warned that to keep the authentic world of Conan Exiles and the savage lands you travel in, that upon joining or creating a clan that all prior and future items, resources and building that you have will go to the clan and its members if you choose to leave it or if you are kicked from it. Also, make note that if a clan is to disband all items, resources and buildings prior and during the formation of the clan will be destroyed for all members!
This allows for us to give players the full experience of the harsh world that is, Conan Exiles. You have been warned!ā€.

See that was easy and pretty straight forward. Now if that was posted and I or another user saw it and continued to go forth just to have what was told would happen happend and then came on the forums to complain because they were ā€œnaiveā€ I would understand you and all the other peoples comments about how its everyones fault but the creators of the game. however the short paragraph I typed up under two minutes is too much for them so again, yes it is their fault and no you canā€™t blame it on players because they were never warned and unfortunately unable to foreshadow the outcome of an uncommon game mechanic. All I and the many others who are bothered or confused by this mechanic are asking for. We arenā€™t crying, whining or being naive or over trusting.

1 Like

Again, making your own clan if a bug is to kick you and all of the members out of it, as I had explained already but I figure you did not read the full conversation. That the game will destroy all things members and the leader have built or gathered prior and during the formation of the clan. When you have a new bug everyday after official release it may be a bit risky to allow for clan formation knowing what could happen to players if they create a clan just to have a bug disband the clan and destroy everything, adding on the fact that there is no warning of this at all. Also, not everyone has played Ark, especially console players. I am familiar with Ark from Pc and many other survival genres but you cannot expect everyone has played Ark or even a survival genre game, especially on a console where the survival genre is just entering the console consumer market. It is an uncommon game mechanic, even for those use to online games or MMO games (yes I know, this is not an MMO). Simply, all we want is a warning message that is not hand holding it is literally a user friends mechanic that help veteran and non veteran players in the genre understand what will happen plain and simple. After that it is on the player.

I am starting to think these guys are just not reading any of the response that arenā€™t agreeing on their standpoint (if you can call it that), which is strange because it could harm them too even if they start a clan they could lose everything for them and their members because of a ridiculous bug. Simply they donā€™t care until it happens to them and until then they will just name call and make silly arguments to feel smarter or superior for whatever sad reason they are unable to get the feeling somewhere else in their lives.

This makes sense to me and I believe most people but some how others would rather argue for a broken mechanic and lack of any prior information. Rather, they would instead like to name call and not contribute to the conversation with anything constructive outside of ā€œhurr, durr butt hurt much dude? Itā€™s your fault, everything in my life is one dimensional, youā€™re so naive have you like not played Ark?!?!ā€.

Also, for those who continue to say ā€œstop whining and posting complaintsā€ to people who are using this forum for the very reason it was created, which is literally a forum of all people with complaints, because it is a bug/issue forum for Ps4 users. What world do you live in? Of course people are going to be complaining, that is the whole point of this forum, report/complain about bugs and issues and then people like most of the ones on this forum contributing constructive replies so that they are able to hopefully help the other player troubleshoot or at least post saying they have also experienced this issue, so the other player knows that it is not just them. And of course, then there is the responsibility of the forum admins/devs to reply with ā€œwe are looking into itā€ or ā€œthis is how you can fix itā€ or even maybe ā€œthanks for letting us know and for the suggestion!ā€. But that is a tale all within itself on that specific topic/issue alreadyā€¦

1 Like

It sucks. Just now my friend and a loyal one, asked me to Join his Clan and i Said, Hell no Thanks. Iā€™ll never do that mistake again. I Lost everything once because of that. I wished him good Lucky with that mechanic and iā€™ll stay alone, solo. I can Help them eventualy partying together to do stutf, But not in this stupid system.

1 Like

you seem like the kind of person iā€™d kick if you were in my clan lol

ā€œifā€ my friend, But It wont happen. I Wonder why You would kick me, because iam stating that Clan system in this game is broken or If is intenderd that way, It needs some tutorial screen before u press the Button?

1 Like

You seem like the type of person I would not joins clan in the first place. Congratulations on being another person to not contribute anything constructive to the current conversation.

1 Like

He/she was probably replying to me or possibly both of us. Pay no mind it was another pointless comment on this thread. Would you want to join their (this users) clan anyways? Probably not. I am sorry about your friend and you as well as past experience you had with this broken and or absolute horribly created mechanic in Conan Exiles. Hopefully they fix it and make being in a clan actually worth it as of now it is just an open group that has no authority over anyone no matter rank and has free reign to all items and buildings that the leader does. My friends whole clan lost everything when a bug in the game auto kicked/disbanded the whole guild after their server went down. They lost everything they individually got or built along with everything them and the other members build and gathered, aside from their personal inventory.

Thats terrible. I warned them about this disband bug, they are cetic about ir. At least i did my job warning. I really Hope this wont happen to them, because It makes u to unninstall this game right away and never Go back despite the many Others bug in this game that has a way so dreadfull to screw u.

1 Like

Yeah, hopefully Funcom gets their sh*t together before they lose their entire console following and any respect or consideration/faith for/in future titles they plan to put out after this current disaster of a release and console port.

2 Likes

consider it a lesson learned. Donā€™t clan up with people you donā€™t know or trust and if you do, you assume that risk. Blaming funcom for it makes you look foolish. Thatā€™s just 101 stuff for these types of games.

Did you read any of what I saidā€¦? If so, I feel as though you may be the foolish one my friend, or simply lack skill in reading comprehension, no offenseā€¦

yup sure did, you said you joined a clan and got kicked and now everything belongs to the clan that kicked you. And like I said, donā€™t join clans that you donā€™t know or trust.

My whole argument along with many of the others on this thread moved past the first three post and weā€™re about how a simple warning message because not everyone has played ā€œArkā€ or survival genre games ā€œespecially on consolesā€ along with an example of how simple it would be for them to do so.

We have also spoken about how other people who have formed clans that their servers have crashed resulting in a auto kick of the leader and all members due to a bug. Did you miss all that or just cherry pick what you wanted to see?

that is why I donā€™t join any clan at all. The Clan Management / Owner Thing is an issue for me personally.

1 Like