Driver crashed - (DCGI_ERROR)

"DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

driver has crashed, resetting video options to low and shutting down."

i can play for like 2 hours but then the game crashed randomly…
why this is happand?

My first intuition would be to make sure your graphics driver is up to date. No expert on the different error messages though.
Might also be worth a shot to lower your graphics yourself. If i remember right the game fails to retain the lowered settings it supposedly applies. Not sure if Any of this explain that you are fine for 2h

I also had this the other day. From out of nowhere, I’d been playing for a few hours and boom. I checked my drivers and (at the time) they were up to date. My graphics were on max which has never been a problem before.

Wonder what’s happening to cause this?

Could it be climate related? Summer months are upon us.

According to Microsoft’s DX errors, it means “The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device.”

May be worth removing and reseating the graphics card? Alternatively, if your graphics card is choosing that moment to update the driver, it could happen (but I don’t think most updates would happen while you’re in a game)

Is your graphic card overclocked? One of the suggestions I picked up somewhere is an issue with OC as it messes up the voltage of the graca and forces a shutdown of the driver.

I updated the graphic driver and its work fine now…
Tnx

2 Likes