Dungeonfinder ? A good idea?

The game needs dungeon finder. But a real one where you can choose the dungeon you want to run, choose the class you want to go and wait in a queue till the group is full. Like for example in TESO.

1 Like

Why do you think the game needs that?

1 Like

It’s better to be able to select your team members…

Doing slithering chaos with random people will end in chaos for sure :slight_smile:

would just further pacify the “raidfinder-only” population, making the game loose interaction and initiative, , killing the global chat, making the game feel way more dead then it is.

3 Likes

This has been discussed many times. How are you able to select which gear, level, experience, class composition with that abomination that kills social interaction and groups (just check out the RF for proof)? For example, a level 27 soldier in green gear, 1 BS who is new to the game, level 30, you (DPS). How will you fill the three other spots for Black Castle? This depends solely on the group leader, and he will usually find out what soldier it is. If it is a conqueror, then he will ask him to go full frenzy. The rest will be filled up with 2 soldiers past level 30 and 2 DPS. If the leader is unable to find an offtank for too long, he will find a second healer and a non-AoE DPS class, etc.

Several dungeons need certain AA-skills, so you need to make sure to get a class/player with this specific feat.
Ending up with 2 (real) tanks, 2 (dps)tanks and 2 healers would be “fun”.

Experienced players will most likely fill their groups via global and avoid dungeonfinder. So the chance to end in a group with clueless and/or undergeared players is quite high.

By the way, I do not understand why, after I have taken a long break, everyone started getting 2 healers AND 2 tanks in every (?!) team (even Flame and Vortex!), including levelling teams… Can someone explain this phenomenon with an extra healer? I remember getting low-level groups, and never any newbie did fail us with his healing.

Average quality of tanks and healers decreased, so it’s just the safest way to take 2 each, since you never know if you pick up a decent tank/healer or a clueless one.

That is sad to hear… We used voice chat for many instances as well, and maybe this factors in too…

Yes, pug-groups rarely use voice. That’s as well a common reason for not taking unexperienced players. Explaining tactics per text-chat is more difficult and it’s harder to give hints during the fight.

The global will be killed by people who need to show how supercool great pvpers they are or how great supportes of Obama, Trump, Putin or whatevere they are. There is a huge problem with the community in AoC. There are many people out there who just dont know how to act behind the screen and who think they can write and do everything because they are save behind their screens. This is what kills the global chat. Not a dungeon finder.

2 Likes

Yeah, this could be a problem. Indeed. Funcom could find a solution for that but yes, the different AA skills you need in some dungeons is a problem. Age of Conan is very different from the game I took this idea from (TESO). In TESO, you are a tank, a healer or a dps… you dont need big AA or whatever. It is, compared to AoC, a game with simple fight mechanics. Yeah, this could be achallenge to make something like this in AoC.

As far as I can remember Vortex always had 2 tanks. As for 2 healers depends on AA/ gear/ exp… and class availability.

I think not!

3 Likes

Don’t need a second healer for any dungeon… Of course the tanks need to good.

Old word dungeons don’t even need a tank.

Dungeon finder most likely won’t work as intended. Too many factors and randomness

1 Like

Dungeon finder has been a cancer to every game it’s been implemented in.

3 Likes

Works well in FFXIV, at least for me :smiley:

However, I do not think it would be a good idea for AoC.

That’s because you’ve never experienced FF14 without dungeon finder.

It takes away any social aspect of dungeons and removes player interaction.

2 Likes

No it’s because the game is actually built around it which is why it’s good for that game. It’s not implemented blindly.

That makes no sense, how is the game “built around” teleporting to an instance? It’s a convenience feature added for morons