East Pack (Khitai DLC) this weekend?

The low levels ones are ok. The 60 version are better than star metal. If theres flawless versions that will be an issue, if not its “ok”.

1 Like

Better than Starmetal, but worse than Teliths Sorrow and co. That’s fine TBH.

I want to buy something I can use. I never use Starmetal tier simply cuz it’s too expensive for what it does. There are always better/cheaper alternatives I.e. Obsidian.

Khitan bridges the gap between obsidian and Starmetal, just 1 damage below obsidian, which I like.

It’s useable, but not better than Obsidian.

2 Likes

Use it for your thralls :slight_smile: i like these armors so much… :smiley: the heavy one is amazing

People still ignore flawless, huh?

Just compare the normal, exceptional and flawless weapons there currently are in the game. Then you will come to understand why quite a few people are a little worried for at least this dlc being pay to win.

I think when they said starmetal will be bis, that they meant the religious weapons, as those are made from starmetal as well. Set daggers with their 41 damage I think? Sure, there are some with 43 damage, but that requires being really lucky.

edit:
Ok, I guess I should really grab a smith from inside the volcano. Completely oversaw there being flawless obsidian. Which then again means its not dragon/obsidian being bis, but obsidian only. I would love a skeleton smith though. Even if its for looks only. :joy:

“Poeple” still ignore relative scaling, huh?

Flawless obsidian will still be better than flawless Khitan.

3 Likes

im jealous… i cant even load into my sp game since the update…

1 Like

This is slightly true about the weapons, but items come in two groups. The first is for early levels and they are not amazing compared to the endgame version. You can find legendary, and even unlock weapons that will do more damage than the DLC Version.

1 Like

The issue is not Teliths or Obsidian being better than star metal or DLC stuff. The DLC stuff should only be comparable to achivable stuff by common means( spending talents). You need a boss heart for the Black keep gear which can be being camped by your enemy, and to brave the whole volcano( risking being taken in the midle of a war in the way) for crafting obsidian. Unless the dlc stuff takes exceptional resourcers like the black keep recipes even being just a bridge betewen 2 tiers its is a locked gate that only paying people have the key. It dosent matter if it’s a small advantage, still advantage for people who pays for it.

The only relif for the DLC gear is if its flawless version never meets the sun in the actual game.

Above all that they clearly stated that It would be same tier as star metal and everything shows that is not. It opens a path to a more severe p2w behavior in the future.

Thats why I keep saying that “cosmetic” dlcs will only work like real cosmetics if they code some sort of “Transmog”(wow) or appearance changing mechanics to the game or the dlcs will end up being unused forever or p2w mechanics.

Edit.: Another thing to add. Your common lvl 4 blacksmith no longer crafts flawless hardened steel weapons after this patch which makes DLC gear even more relevant and I’m still trying to understand how you get flawless obsidian. Am I missing something from the game or you just play with ADM panel all the time?

I agree that they need to add transmog. That’d solve everything. Not just the DLC issue, but the hide helmet request, and roleplayers wishes.

As for how to get Flawless obsidian? You slot Secas into the volcano forge. It should be part of the incoming 500 fixes. I don’t do ADM panel… It’s why I play Official .I think ADM panel ends the game before it even begins. Survival games are to be lived, not played.

As for the risk vs reward. The amoutn of effort required to farm star metal is greater than that required to “brave” the volcano or black keep.

Both the volcano and black keep are easy to farm. But Star Metal? You need a lot of patience for that.

Kinscourge respawns every 15 minutes. Star metal…not so much.

Yeah. I agree with everything you said just pointing out that it shouldnt be compared to such gear that have special requirements. Again is not a matter of being easy. It easy when its PVE, it can be really hard on PVP as both cases got bottleneck points that can be camped and controlled by other playeres.

Just by being a different way of crafting for somehow same level of gear is unbalancing.

Requiring Star Metal itself is a special requirement. At least to me it is. The effort is real. I can only imagine how hard star metal is to get on PvP… when the meteor hits, all the griefers know it’s show time.

For what star metal Tier offers, who would use it? Obsidian is much easier to use to repair it. Doesn’t even have to be refined, where as star metal does.

They need funding. If a DLC is pointless other then offering looks in a game that doesn’t feature transmogrifications, then someone really screwed the pooch.

Who would go out adventuring with sub-optimal gear, compared to their better gear?

2 Likes

I do agree with you. Thats why I do advocate against how its being done right now. Or it is useless or the “cosmetic” word is being used as a excuse to sell power in disguise.

Edit: It could for example be exactly same level and same requirements of Black keep recipes and it will be ok but again, if the game gets a new update and new tiers of power it would at certain point become useless again .

Yeah :\

It’s an unfortunate side-effect of their uncompromising belief that the agency of armor itself is to be respected…

As though players would switch to armor penetration weapons, sandstorm mask and gas bombs upon seeing silent legion adversaries. No, instead they choose to great-sword each other all day and come on the forums and complain that legion armor is too powerful.

As if Lemurian armor doesn’t break immersion by offering cold protection as opposed to heat protection when it leaves the wearer half naked.

As though Hyborian Slavers Armor offers heavy protection, when your practically naked wearing it.

1 Like

Dont talk about hyborian! lol. I love it and I miss its flawless options. By the time it’s balanced by the game’s issues as do the obsidian. For the cold and heat protection as for the heavy armor I am ok and used to it. I do play fantasy games all the time and it happens all the time. I am ok sacrificing realism to have the chance of using something like the slaver gear in a heavy character or the cold/heat protection talk. In the end being half naked in the desert is bad as being half naked in the cold mountains, so no point pursuing realism that bad.

I love revealing armor :stuck_out_tongue:
Wish I could transmog slavers over silent legion or flawless hyrkanian, but hey…

At least Lemurian chest covers most of the body, and overrides the pants. I’ll take that.

Khitan armor on the other hand… yeah. lol. Tough issue.

Level 60 vs level 60 items:
Bow 14 vs 17 dam
Dagger 30 vs 37 dam
Warclub 42 vs 51 dam
Two handed sword 52 vs 57 dam
Pike 41 vs 45 dam.

Not that dagger have a whole 32.3% damage increase so I don’t understand how you can say this increase is damage is “useless”.

1 Like

Maybe I was seeing something different I didn’t see those numbers. And for those saying the dlc weapons shouldn’t be stronger I don’t agree. If your paying for more you should get more. Fact is that’s the way all games are becoming if you want to be in the top you have to pay.

Cosmetic in my vocabulary means “Just as useful as your usual gear, just looking different.”

My usual gear is Silent Legion Armor, with Telith’s Sorrow.

Decoration which undermines a character’s stats is called “clutter”. I do not pay for clutter. I pay for cosmetics.

I was already dumb enough to pay an extra 50 euroes for the Atlantean Sword which I never use.

I’m gonna be hard pressed to pay for this DLC too, if I am convinced i’ll never use the stuff in there for most of my experience in game.

I’m gonna be perfectly fine if the stuff in the DLC isn’t as good as the top stuff in the game…But I want to at least not feel like i’m gimping myself by wearing the stuff.

2 Likes

Remember, it is not just weapons and armor but decorations (clutter per se) and newly skinned T3 building pieces for a Khitai visual. This is really marketed for people who want the looks. If the standard is = to silent legion, we will not see that (unless I am mistaken). I do not usually use silent legion so it should be comparable to what I already use. I will probably get it depending on price because I like variety.

1 Like

Hurry up and take my money!! Can’t wait for this update

1 Like