Event Log Privacy #MakeConanNonlinearAgain

list

7 Likes

For PVP it has always been a Kill on sight once an enemy clan commits to raiding. With or with out names.

A majority of the people wanted names back in the poll, being able to see who is hostile on the server helps drive the game a bit more for PVP.

If you’re going to raid, be prepared for defense during the raid time, and on the look out for the enemy clan on the hunt outside the raid time.

You have a point, and I think if names wouldn’t be shown, the clan/player should receive a warning message like the Purge that the base (and location with the red X) is under attack.

Some ppl prefers to play solo because of commitment, rl schedule, lone wolfism, whatever, the game should be fit for the two crowds.

I support the idea of a better clan management, the way it is now its horrible for ppl who joined a clan that has been abandoned by the leader, built and gathered a lot of resources and are trapped being unable to get the leadership because leaving the clan means loosing everything.

So yes, we need desperately clan settings revamp from FC.

2 Likes

The no name benefits all equally, while the naming gives too much power for people with more gaming time or have compiled loot and land during the dead time. Stepping back from a birds eye view, do you think there are more casual gamers or hardcore gamers? I believe casual gamers outnumber hardcore/ I also tbelieve if we have more casual gamers on servers, there is more fun, and money for the game to survive. If we cater the balance to be on the side of hardcore grinders and clans that have stashed mega loot, then casuals will pass this game by as too time consuming, and it will die off into oblivion. Locust mentality (consume everything without regard for the future) only hurts Conan Exiles in the long run.

Indeed, your case is similar to mine, the server started to grow after months of emptiness and clans with numbers are a threat now, yet my house stores all my goods are hard to be found, so even if im outnumbered in a fight, I prefer to be solo for sneaking and choose the right moment to engage, tho I havent had a pvp encounter since december.

1 Like

On PvP Officials, I recently suffered a raid and had a taskmaster and an arch priest lifted from my wheel of pain. This happened during the Event Log anonymity window.

The person who lifted the items was very clever. He struck only after we had some new arrivals on our server. I questioned everyone - everyone denied having a hand in the crime. I interrogated the new players. They said that they didn’t do it. But said that “they understood” if I needed to level their assets to find out.

I was on the verge of leveling their assets. They were sub-60s
 so I really had trouble with the idea of going and punishing some brash newbs for hitting my wheel. I delayed on the issue.

And then the anon Event Log change was rolled back. I went through the Event Log, and identified the person responsible. The person responsible could have definitely endured my retribution as they were an established player. And - the person responsible is a known “mis-information” dispenser. So - I understand why he didn’t immediately fess up to the crime.

The point of this is that I was willing to bring the unholy wrath of several hundred bombs due to people playing games, and not owning their damage. This being the case - I am glad that I held my retribution. It would have been really sh!tty to run 30-somethings off of our server over a perceived crime.

Why wasn’t I “working the window?” I have, until somewhat recently, invested tons of time into Conan Exiles. The fact is that real live crops up every once in a while. And if that’s the evening when you are attacked, that’s simply the reality of the situation. The fact that I had to conduct my own interrogations doesn’t bother me at all. It is just the lack of factual data (sorry - Event Log, WITH names) that troubled me in this case.

To close the loop - the responsible player promptly returned the stolen goods as soon as I alerted him to the anonymity lift on the Event Logs. His character literally turned on his heel, and he returned my thralls. :slight_smile: He owned his damage - once the logs were indisputable.

1 Like

I agree, having more 10 person clans to share resources but not bases would be a benefit. If at the very least, building ownership should stay with the person who builds it. Problem lies with who owns a joint build after the merge? Clan leader? That seems to be the only part i can’t figure out.
All resources should be shared.
Vaults shared
Large Chest shared
*New private Chest player owned (whoever places it owns it)
Resources in crafting stations shared
Placed thralls player owned
player owned based before merge would stay theirs.
joined builds clan owned???

On which parts?

Am i using real data? No.

But am I using perception of what i know? Yes.

I know smart phones have a gaming market because of casual gamers.
I know more gamers equla more chances at DLC buys. So more money.

That’s why choice is still the best solution at my eyes.
The best would be servers with, and servers without logs, this also for officials.

This can be done for privat servers, but yes, give them choices, still better than force people into something they don’t enjoy. What ever it may be.

1 Like

I agree, all do or want not use Twitter or whatever else as external site.

Myself i hate slightly when each and all try send me to facebook.

But it’s still hard to gather the voice of all players around. The log-in pannel may be the best solution so long. How good or hard to implement that, no clue.
But again, make it like you want, there will still be a part that feel frustrated with what they get. That’s why having multiple options and choice of servers people can play on is the best at my opinion.

I’m pretty sure they’ll find a solution if they run another poll

1 Like

Intelligence and cowardice are two completely different things and you seem to be mixing the two. I’m also not sure why you’re claiming people need to “be a man” for raiding anonymously and smart
 your anecdote only tells me you were pissed you couldn’t find the culprit.

You know that many people raid for the sake of gaining resources right? Not every raid is personal. You can claim there is cowardice in anonymity and offline raiding. I can also claim there is a level of intelligence to it as it = easy resources. You might not like it, but it’s reality.

You’re right that my comment is not factual. It is coming only from my observations.

You could farm legitimately, or you could raid and potentially save many hours stealing the very resources you were hoping to get. What I meant by “reality” is that deciding to raid those offline vs online is the smarter choice for obvious reasons. You might dislike that fact and claim it’s not “real PvP,” but it is still pvp regardless of how you feel about it.

My main point here is that you and many others here claim “cowardice” or for others to “own up to their damage” when they raid during a time that you do not like, or when names are not easily given to you. They use anecdotes to try validating their poor arguments and instead of accepting that they did something wrong or failed to defend something properly, they throw out that whole BS “coward” line.

That’s exactly what I hate so much about the logs with names. Instead of taking care of your stuff, you just check the log for retribution.

1 Like

So, what happens when I work the “window” every day. Every single day. I have sufficiently defensible buildings, T3 with multiple layers and all.

On one day, I don’t work the window, and someone sees that I am not online. They offline raid me, knowing full well that they can get away with it with impunity. Why? Because anonymous raiding, and no names in the logs.

I come back the next day, find a gaping hole, and have no way of reassembling the events that transpired and who was responsible. I understand that people have concerns about “Event Log nannies” who check the thing every few minutes. But still - I cannot understand why people are so up in arms over the event log reporting names. Why on earth would you be playing on PvP AND raiding if not the risk of retributions?

I would fully support a new system that would require a combat thrall to be present in order to unmask/report the name of the raiders. I fully support making theft anonymous.

But when the game has been ID’ing players in the event log for a large portion of the game’s lifetime, I just to not see how this is such a dealbreaker.

I absolutely hated it when the logs where anonymous. If you want to raid someone then just raid them but bear the consequences. In real life if you have so many helpers/thralls/followers around your base and then if someone attacks your base one of your followers will eventually just run away directly to alarm the rest and report to you. Also, animals in real life can track down people and other animals. Also, humans can track down other humans. So if you have so many followers and pets (as most people in Conan probably do) you should be caught almost like 10 out of 10 times.)

This reality cannot be replicated in Conan and for that we have the log. Making it anonymous is just simply not logical in my point of view. If you really want to have anonymous log go make a mod and start your own server
 don’t go put this nonsense into official servers 

That statement can play both ways. If you want to raid someone, then raid them. Why wait for an event log listing. I think those players just want to build huge PVE castles, mobb up and act like you have power, in a virtual world none the less. TBH, the event log names were okay when you couldn’t tag bases. At least made us scout. Now we have tags back, so log names should go.

I will stand by this theory

If you want to know who is attacking you, play on the server. Not necessarily to catch them in the act, but to interact with the players who do spend time on the server. The allies you make will help you find them. The event log has removed that dynamic completely. As a clan of 10, with hoarded bombs, why bother logging in and making alliances, when the event log does all the heavy lifting for you, and 15 minutes for 10 players each will find the base of the attacker. The server should be a community of players who engage in raiding and war fare. Long term sustainability. Instead, it is a cesspool of keyboard warriors who ruin the fun in gaming by getting ultra personal. My fear is we will be back at dead serves on PS4 by the 1 year anniversary of the official release. And it might be too late to fix it at that point.

1 Like

Rebuild smarter? For instance don’t build on the ground. If you just place a vault and a wheel in a hut in front of the ship, it’s an easy target. And this is what I think is so scandalous about the log, it allows big alpha clans to build that lazy because they can track down any attackers.

Yeah raids should happen
 Nothing wrong with that. But the target of smaller raids are seldomly your main base but all the farmbases that you leave unattended. I think it is good that people are encouraged to attack farmbases. It forces alpha clans to be more carefull about their belongings.

Regarding your main base, you certainly have a bubble and it requires a bigger effort then just to hit and run to raid it.

I also dislike the player list and it’s only real purpose is riskless offline raiding.