Exiles forum revamp

Ah, cool. Thank you for clearing that up.

1 Like

It also broke the search a bit. Take a look:

Only the third search – the one in “Feedback” forum specifically – will find this discussion, the other two won’t.

Is there a place in the forums we could go to discuss the Badges? I feel that the information on badges isn’t clear.

For Eg I would like to no how I get the license badge? It says I need to read some tutorial on the forums but no where in the forums can I get any better info.

1 Like

Go to your inbox and start a message thread with
@CatBot start advanced tutorial”, follow the instructions in the messages sent to you via CatBot.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @catbot display help.

2 Likes

@CatBot display help

omg @Zeb I will never learn :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@catbot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@catbot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@catbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. — Thomas Edison

@catbot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

2 Likes

I just wanted to pop in to say that I think many of the changes/additions to the tagging of topics at the topic title level are appreciated improvements.
It helps with the perception of response from/by Staff, as well as making it easier for users to find existing conversations that have acknowledged or addressed issues.

keep up the good work.

keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thanks! A big focus of the recent iterations was to improve visibility of important info or to show that things have been acknowledged.

Late reply, but good catch. I’ll bring it up with Discourse.

3 Likes

Heya @CodeMage, the search issue is now fixed. :slight_smile: \o/

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you guys so much :smiley:

1 Like

@AndyB or @Spynosaur_Nicole a little help please. Question: have you all tweaked the forum a little more? Because having logged on this morning I am now unable to view my Notifications at all on my android device. It only displays a different looking drop down and UI, which remains in an infinite loading loop. This is what it looks like below.

Have now tried several times over to view them, I even left it load for around 10 minutes on one occasion, but it still will not work.

EDIT: later on this evening, but I am still getting the blank loading loop.

It is a new day here peoples, but I am affraid my issue still persists. Whenever I press on the user/member icon I am unable to view my notifications. Instead the list just gets caught in an infiniteoading loop (pictured above). Should I try to press on the drop down, it only brings up a short, empty list:

And should I attempt to press on the notification ‘bell’, the number of drop downs multiples:

But no matter what I attempt to do, I still can not view my notifications, and the infinite loading loop continues. Could a CM please offer me some help or advice?

1 Like

I’ve been out this week, but just poking my head in to mention that Discourse is aware of the issue and it is suspected that certain browsers like Edge on Android are bugging out… If you aren’t already, we recommend using Chrome in the meantime.

4 Likes

Hi there AndyB, and thanks for the reply. I followed up on your suggestion and used Chrome, but sadly the outcome was exactly the same.

If there are any further details I can provide which may help, then please do not hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

Will DM you

3 Likes

I have the same issue, it does not Show anything but a loading thing that goes on forever.

1 Like

You too @Gheorghe. What type of device are you using? Anyone else having this issue?

Just though I would put an update out there for AndyB too. I have update to the latest version of software today, but sadly it di not remedy the problem.

An issue causing the menu to not load on some mobile browsers should be resolved as of last night.

5 Likes

Yep, it has now been remedied here on my end too. A big thanks to you for the help AndyB. :+1:

4 Likes